Han Solo ANH DL-44 SCOPE: All Hensoldts and Variations POST YOURS TOO

Re: Han Solo ANH DL-44 SCOPE: All my Hensoldts

I just listed one of mine for sale in the junkyard too.

- - - Updated - - -

Chaim, I DID remove the lenses just in case. I wish I had known how to take the guts out at the time, but since I do now thanks to David, I will see if I can straighten my cross hair.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it just me or does the DEC bell seem to have a slightly sharper transition where the bell tapers? The taper of the originals seem slightly rounder in these pics.

Yes it does... very slightly. I'd like to see the original scope it was based on.

Markus, are all of yours the same size???

Fantastic scopes & great pictures

I love seeing these things lined up

I always think these things which are supposedly purely functional are actually quite beautiful

Same with Graflex, Obi Grenades, M19 & M38 scopes, even the Kobold flashes, love em

Great collection though Scott, wish I had the cash to take one off your hands :lol

Thanks Scott ... I have a friend who's currently working in the metal workshop at the art academy, so perhaps I'll have those brackets removed by the end of next week :)

Chaim

In response to HeartBlade @ #11: There were a number of machines all set by hand in the factory making the scopes. Because it was all done by eye and also because they were on a mission to get them out to the front so fast made it impossible to get them identical. In short a lot of corners were cut during the war by all sides to get weapons, vehicles and other kit made as quick as possible.

Last edited:

UPDATE for me.

I got another pretty accurate one in yesterday. The only thing that was glaringly off is the windage lock screw. Personally I find it cool looking. It came with a pretty elaborate side mount, but I took that off already.

Some notes: It is Identical in shape and size/dimensions to all of the others I've had. This one has four cross hairs, and again the insides and screws are NOT interchangeable with the others. EXCEPT... I managed to get the bottom ring of the windage knob to fit my otherwise super accurate (to the prop) scope, so now that one is super accurate in every way.

So... here it is, next to my other remaining loose one. (I sold one of the others not long ago).

M20140610-112726.jpg

M20140610-112758.jpg

M20140610-112837.jpg

This one has someone's name and other writing on it. COOL!
M20140610-112936.jpg

M20140610-113009.jpg

M20140610-113120.jpg

M20140610-113228.jpg

M20140610-113242.jpg

M20140610-113300.jpg

And here's the bottom knob ring on my Live fire scope.
M20140610-115748.jpg

So YOU were the one that bought that Hensoldt on ebay... The only reason that I didn't buy it myself was because of the retention screw being non removable...Damn, I really need a real Hensoldt now... But I like the mods you did to get your live fire scope more accurate! :thumbsup

I've come to like these things and the variants. Plus I saw the knob potential ;)

You COULD take the retention screw off, and file down the brass to make it accurate... The brass is easy to file... spot paint and weather and age the brass in a jiffy.

So the dedicated COULD do that, no problem.

mind telling me the measurements i want to build a semi accurate scope i haven't seen any threads about it or could you possibly point me in the direction of one?

Thanks! Yeah I remember seeing your thread.

Such a cool thing. So many variations. Looks like they were all individually hand drilled for screws too.

Grenater... I'll measure one eventually when I get some time.

Thanks! Yeah I remember seeing your thread.

Such a cool thing. So many variations. Looks like they were all individually hand drilled for screws too.

Grenater... I'll measure one eventually when I get some time.

thanks its taking me forever to build a blaster from a airsoft i could only imagine how long it would take to build a very accurate replica take how ever long you need im sure your a very busy man once again thanks its nice to know how helpful everybody is on the rpf!

Still haven't measured... will try to Monday.

On another note... I'm going to put one of my real hensoldts up for sale. This is a heads up in case anyone serious is looking for one.

I'm osrry man.. I will do it tomorrow. With pics. I just haven't want to take them apart from the blasters... been so busy.

scope body length: about 216mm

width at front: 22mm

Width at Rear 31mm

That length includes the two lens rings which are both 2mm thick protruding each side.

Might as well post mine too. Here's my current 3 Hensoldt scopes (again, I'm no photographer):

20140717_133748.jpg

The top one is a steel and brass Hensoldt from run 2 by DEC that I bought from someone awesome here, it actually just arrived less than an hour ago. Am SUPER happy with it.
The middle one is the cast zinc one from DEC's run 3, which I will probably let go of soon, as I now have no need for it.
The one on the bottom is an OLD Hensoldt scope that I made for myself long before I had either of the above two. It was made out of a piece of copper pipe from Lowes, and a couple of pieces of spare resin that I had lying around.

Here's a special feature of my newest steel scope too:

20140717_134237.jpg

It has a COMPLETE engraving! According to that awesome seller that I bought it from, Kpax did the finishing engraving on it for him, and he did a DAMN fine job with it too! I really can't tell what was done by him, and what was done by DEC originally. :thumbsup :thumbsup for Kpax!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back