Han Solo ANH Blaster From RIA, Prev on Pawn Stars

If only...

alternative ad.jpg

Very nice display graphics Tommy! I don’t know of the right terminology to use lol but the photo shop/ graphic design work looks great

Very nice display graphics Tommy! I don’t know of the right terminology to use lol but the photo shop/ graphic design work looks great

Thanks! Yeah the wording is a bit awkward; I tried to constrain myself to their original May 17 FB post's structure. If you think of a more appropriate way of tweaking that text, I'd love to improve it!

Attachments

• RIA Facebook screen-use claim.jpg
    RIA Facebook screen-use claim.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 91
From what I recall this image was in the code of Bapty's website; at the beginning of 2022 I was looking through the site after seeing the infamous Pawn Stars episode. To this point I hadn't realized that Bapty had a website, as I was under the impression that they were defunct. Bapty's images were not able to be downloaded/saved as, so using Inspect Element I was looking through the code with the intention of saving any relevant images I found. Since then it looks like the website has been entirely revamped.

This image was (I think) not one displayed in their gallery but was still in the code, so I saved the image directly and posted it to one of the discussion threads without much hurrah other than a "Huh, that's weird". I suppose it is possible that it might have been some kind of backup/stunt prop given the unusual design, but who knows at the end of the day?

Thanks Vanitas.

The reason I think this weird blaster is important is because it looks to me like a casting of the actual ANH scope. If there is a casting of the scope, maybe there is a casting of the mount too. Tony did say there were dummies made. Of course he is third person info at best only

Next thing you know, they'll be saying that Greedo shot first.. :rolleyes:
..with a live blank-firing Ruger, rather than resin.

They must be dyslexic or something, they can't seem to read a single post in all of this community's research.
Or maybe they just can't handle the truth! =b

truth2.png

-Carson

They must be dyslexic or something, they can't seem to read a single post in all of this community's research.

I find RIA’s deliberate dismissal of the RPF infuriating as a newbie, so I can’t imagine how it must feel for those who have put so much time and energy into building these threads. When I first emailed RIA to politely inquire how they reconcile their claims with the RPF’s expert consensus, this was their entire reply:

RIAC has been made aware of the RPF. The information located there is purely conjecture. The documentation we have supplied by the consignor is primary source information. I have included the letter from Tony Watts that is with the listing.

So they’re actively arguing that Tony Watts’s singular letter – which is decidedly NOT a primary source – should outweigh everything on the RPF. Speaking of primary sources, I find it rather telling that they appear to have carefully beaten around the bush of Carl Schmidt; nowhere in their listing is there a definitive statement that Carl confirmed the authenticity of the base Mauser; it’s only implied. I wonder why that might be…

Then again, as much as RIA’s self-imposed ignorance irks me, I think in some sense the news media as an industry deserves some blame too. It’s supposed to be part of the media's job to investigate the things they report, but almost every article out there is just parroting the press release. The RPF may not be well-known, but it’s not exactly hidden either.

BTW, just a suggestion for this thread's admin: would it maybe make sense to add "RIA" or "Rock Island Auction" to the title? That might just help it to show up in a search, since the gun really hasn't been publicized at all either by RIA or in the media as the same one that featured on Pawn Stars.

Last edited:
Thanks Vanitas.

The reason I think this weird blaster is important is because it looks to me like a casting of the actual ANH scope. If there is a casting of the scope, maybe there is a casting of the mount too. Tony did say there were dummies made. Of course he is third person info at best only
It's not a casting. It's the real scope.
I think they re-blackened it which makes it so the scratches and finish don't align anymore.

RIA is basically putting everything on the 3 Mausers idea which Bapty has put forward. Was there ever a mention of this before this gun showed up? Supposedly a period photo confirms the serial number on this particular gun to be "one of the 3 used".
Bapty retains the only copy of the photo and RIA are not allowed to use it in the auction - supposedly due to Disney.
I'm really curious what is in this photo - just the gun? converted? someone from production holding it? No idea.

I am REALLY not hoping for very much, but do note that I have sent a rather lengthy email detailing some of the broad specifics of this prop versus the to-be auctioned piece along with comparison images to a journalist with a history of making detailed expose pieces (specifically regarding fraud and deception in certain marketplaces). Even if this topic does not capture their interest I think it important to try and spread the truth about this piece before it comes up to auction next month, regardless of whether or not there is any real difference. I can't personally stomach all the articles written by "journalists" popping up everywere regarding this ""original"" Han Solo blaster coming up for sale soon, particularly when they all seem to have been written without any real integrity or research.

Well, it's a real c96 with a cut barrel... and looks effed up for firing...and was on Bapty's website.

I think it could be one of the 4.

Is there any other appearances of this blaster? Different for sure than any screen used ones I've seen.

Well, it's a real c96 with a cut barrel... and looks effed up for firing...and was on Bapty's website.

I think it could be one of the 4.

Is there any other appearances of this blaster? Different for sure than any screen used ones I've seen.
What makes it confusing for me is that we don't see 3 rings of knurling on the flash hider until ESB... we don't see that type of knurled knob until ESB... nor the shape of bracket. The holes on the flash hider and long scope are ANH era details. Were the ESB blasters designed after this bad dummy gun? Is this a bad after-thought that someone slapped together like the one in this thread? At least we can probably trust the gun is a Bapty thing...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back