Limited Run Han in Carbonite Metal Greeblies: Clips and Grill - Call for Payment! Now Shipping

Re: Han in Carbonite Metal Greeblies: Clips and Grill

Those grills look fantastic, Zenix! Again, just to be sure (because I don't want to miss out on them), would you prefer payment for just the grills now... all of it up front... or when the clips are done? I would rather wait until the clips are done and pay for them all—but I don't want to lose my place in line (or lose out on the grills!). :)

Thanks.

If you want it now, pay for it now and shipping now and I'll ship it now. If you want to wait until middle of next month, you can do it then.

I was going to wait for the full set, but I'm pretty much ready to get started on my hero panel, so I just sent PP for the grill. This is going to be awesome.

Great. I'll ship it out today.

Did you order the printed greeblies already from my other thread? There's a lot to do besides just these metal clips!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Great. I'll ship it out today.

Did you order the printed greeblies already from my other thread? There's a lot to do besides just these metal clips!

Oh, I know. I've been debating just ordering yours from Shapeways or spending the time and modeling them myself. I'll have access to a new 3D printer at work in the next couple of months. I've done a bit of Autocad and some basic 3D modeling in the past (and I'm a big Adobe Illustrator person), I'm thinking these greeblies might be on a good choice of projects to get my started again, digging into the slicer, etc.

The quality on shapeways is way better than the desktop machines. Your grill is on its way!

Anyone else just getting a grill can send payment now

Gotta figure how to do this... JUST bought the box off you, and have the castings. With the CAN to USD dollar so terrible I have to hold on this a bit.

Sent payment for a grill. I'll be back for the clips when they're ready. Thanks!

Great. I'm in NYC until Saturday so I won't be able to ship the grill to you this week. It'll go out on Monday.

Zenix, let me know when and how I need to pay you for two grills and a set of clips. They look AWESOME and I can't wait! Thanks!

Thanks jgorzka. The prototypes will be here soon (I think next week!) and once they come in I'll put up a call for payments.

I'm excited, are you? I cant be more pleased with the result. I can't wait to actually receive mine.

Tooling is complete and the first sample has been made and is being delivered at my house in a matter of hours. Here's a pic from the factory.

bbm0NWG.jpg

Remember, these are aluminum, just like the ones used on the real prop. That means they'll be more flexible than the steel ones made several years ago, and wont rust. I'll be including all three kinds of bolts and nuts so you'll have it as accurate as possible to complete your replica.

The final price for a set of clips in this pre-order is $128 including priority shipping, and $153 if you're getting a grill too. I'll update this with international shipping quotes at a later time. Please send the payment as gift/friends and family, or include an extra $4.75 if you'd like to pay so I don't get the fee.

I'm accepting $88 non-refundable (gift payment family and friends) partial deposits at payments@custom3dstuff.com via paypal and will accept pre-payments until September 7th which is 3 weeks from today. I'll then start production and the parts will arrive here in Baltimore by the end of September. I'll ship them out and you'll have them the first week of October. Feel free to make the full payment now too if you feel so inclined. Please send the payment as gift/friends and family, or include an extra $4.75 if you'd like to pay so I don't get the fee.

I've got to decide now how many to make, so this will be a limited run, and I'm not sure if we'll be able to gather enough demand again in the future, so if you think you want these, now's the time to let me know and submit payment. I'll be ordering some extra beyond the count I get here because I'm sure there will be some people who want, but I can't lay out unlimited cash right now so please order if you or someone you know plans on making one of these in the next 3 years.

For those not pre-ordering, please reconsider. They'll be more expensive and limited in quantity after September 7th.

Thanks for sticking with me and it's been fun.

(I'm also launching a kickstarter today so if you know anyone in Baltimore who might be interested check this out too www.charmcitymaps.com)

Last edited:

Huh yeah it loaded fine on my pc but not now on my phone. I'll edit it momentarily.

I'll have more clips in about 14 hours:

bbm0NWG.jpg

They look really awesome mate but I will have to bow out of this run and stick with your 3d printed ones I already have. Thanks!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back