Halo Reach, Mjolnir Mk V Pep project.

EhlJay

After the abysmal failure that is known as my Marine helmet was finished with poor results.
(Model by VROGY)
8190801049_62b2d13e47_o.jpg

I decided to start another pep project, this one even more difficult. Trial by fire and whatnot.

I'm using RUNDOWN's model from over on the Halo Pep Wikipedia page.
Surprisingly fun challenge to build this bad-boy with almost no experience working with Pepakura.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any non-resined shots of it, but you get the idea.
8248431376_412f9b7d8a_z.jpg

I'll be posting updates here when they come through!

Due to my lack of Halo knowledge, I've been calling this helmet a Mjolnir, when in fact, it's Noble Six's helmet.

8267757429_2d148685ba.jpg

Now that I found out that it in fact ISN'T a standard Mjolnir helmet, I can rectify that mistake!

What you see here is a fully resined/ Partially Bondo'ed helmet.
And yes, probably shouldn't have cut the visor out, but #YOLO.
Thanks to Tsabo Tsaboc, I started using sanding sponges, and the sanding process is going very well with that addition.

Hoping to get the last few parts of the helmet bondo'ed before the weekend, and then I can primer it and see what areas need filling in.

the armor is variable. dont let people rip on that. those are just chief fanboys.
im working on one too.
im subing, as long as there is no more yolo's

I agree with Grave there is a reason that they offered a half dozen helmets to go with the armor. Good thing you grapped the pep files when you could as half of the things and even some of the newer H4 ones are being knocked offline. It's funny 343 and Bungie don't care about us costuming but some antipiracy group does.

Since when have they been knocked offline? I've seen no disruption of links on a large scale off the 405th, I may be over reacting and sorry for the thread jack, but where did you hear this Wes R?

-The Armorer

i havent noticed either. i got all of the H4 stuff. ill never build it, dislike the H4 armor a lot.
what does it have to do with anti-piracy?

I honestly doubt that Anti-piracy groups would have any legitimate grounds to even think about trying to pull Pep models offline.

While yes, they may be from the Halo games, Halo Pepakura models have been around for a while. Even then, technically you're not even getting a Halo related item offline. It turns into a helmet/armor piece once you build it.
Anytime before then, it's just lines on paper.

But that being said, let's try to keep it on track gents.
;)

A million apolgies Ehljay, your work seems to be going first rate, I've started my own N 6, but have had to put in hold due to winter, just be sure to wear the right safety equipment and do it in a well ventilated place. Carry on to-be Spartan!

-The Armorer

Cheers gents!
Thanks for the feedback!

Finally got around to getting the last of the bondo on.

Finished primering it to check for dents and dings, and now I'm started on the patching stage.

Time to get some filler putty!

8281470217_cd9ffcfbb8_z.jpg

8289826038_831b9c4097_z.jpg

Quick and dirty paint mock-up, just to see if it would look good as I'm imagining it.

I'm looking for a good visor for the helmet as well. I hear the HJC Gold ones are phenomenal for relatively cheap.

Any tips would be much appreciated!

AND WE'RE OFFICIALLY DONE!

8316534546_5d88158ac0_z.jpg

After way too many hours of sanding and painting, I've got the helmet pretty much finished!

I need to get my hands on a gold/silver visor and install that and some padding, but besides that, it's done.

Next comes the armor, which I'll be posting in the same thread about, so stay tuned for more details on that!

So far I've got a thigh piece and a shoulder plate done from this suit, so we'll see how the chest plate comes out once it's done printing next to me!

Wow nice job! I really like the design nice paint :) Look foreword to seeing the rest of the suit come together.

Goodluck and keep up the great work! (y)

Cheers mate!

The armor is coming along great so far! I've got the chest plate, a thigh piece, and one of the shoulder plates finished (strangely enough, the shoulder was unfolded inside out, so the lines and numbers were on the inside). Just waiting for a non-rainy day to work on resining them up!

Not as much progress as I'd like at this posting, but it's coming together steadily for me being a complete noob to this kind of thing!

I've got the Chestpiece bondo'ed and I'm working on the sanding/Spot-filling phase.
I may have to go in and resin the inside a bit more, as a couple spots are bending slightly and cracking the Bondo on the outside.
8365929978_89fdea5df4_z.jpg

The edge of the neck-hole is pretty rough, but I'm planning on doing rubber tubing around the edges, so I'm not worried about it too much

Since the chestplate was going slow for a while, I pumped out a couple more pieces of armor, left thigh plate and left should plate.
8364857673_50463b03b8_z.jpg

Any input and advice would be great!
I'm wondering what I'm going to do for the under-suit, dunno if I'll go for the EVA foam edging on the chest plate or not.
That comes a bit later methinks.

Way too many hours of sanding later, I've got the armor piece primed and painted silver. Once the silver coat dries completely, I'm going to do a black wash coat, and then toothpaste the parts I want to damaged.

Then comes the fun part, masking and painting with this suit's signature colors.

8421208561_2382c4ace9_z.jpg

This photo makes the silver paint seem almost mirror-like, which it's not actually.

The other parts of the suit are coming along, I've got all but three pieces pepp'ed, and I'm hoping to do a day of just resining so I can start on the bondo stage.

This is nice! keep up the good work man!

I've always enjoyed the Noble Six armor and it seems like you're doing it justice!

Cheers mate!
I'm pretty happy with how it's coming along so far!

As a matter of fact, I just finished putting the final touches on the body armor!
Still need to work on an undersuit, but I think it's complete enough to share a picture or two!

8425318158_9248429fd0_z.jpg

8425322064_d27b9af51a_z.jpg

I got my HJC visor in the mail today, and with a little help from Eric's tutorial on how to install it. I've got a rather awesome looking helmet!

8448267343_ab1e87ecf8_c.jpg

Once I've finished reveling in the beauty of it, I've got get back to work on the leg pieces.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back