Halliwax's weird V3 theory

I am almost positive there is 2 different stunts in the throne room.. the v3 and a extra stunt
Have you been able to find

1) ANY stunts in the throne room with a black ring under the emitter lip (meaning this chrome tape over the black was a quick mock up for filming the duel)

2) ANY stunts with a black emitter in the throne room?

this would really nail it home that this emitter is a replacement. (maybe even done for the walk-through with Vader holding it or later)

I’m going by the paint chips on the face of the emitter

that’s why I asked you for that photo the other day

The endor scenes were filmed after the throne room correct?

Because we have that stunt with the black emitter and blank emitter face

Dont forget the emitter face could also be perfect and painted, maybe reflecting light, or blank

Yes, i forgot about the endor bladed stunt, super long blade. We definitely sure that picture with the black emitter isn't edited? His hand looks weird

What the heck WAS the purpose of this new paint job? It looks like maybe they had to match the finish of new emitter to the old body, and the chrome tape was probably all applied at once. Maybe the brass card was made for this too.

maybe someone had to make it look like the machined Hero after the fact? Covering the hole in the pommel and making the emitter all silver, and probably painted grip rings, I can see some brush smear around the edges
In 1992 Lucasfilm was approached by a Japanese firm to put on an exhibition of Lucasfilm’s artifacts.
The next year Japan enjoyed the George Lucas Exhibition.
The shared stunt/V3 was re-dressed to more closely resemble the Hero prop at that time.

The shared stunt/V3 was re-dressed to more closely resemble the Hero prop at that time.
Oh my god - this is the part of the story I never heard!

I tried bugging Don Bies earlier this year who was rumored to be involved but said nobody to his knowledge altered the saber hilts while he was there.

It's a very strange choice to do that, especially if they already had the hero, unless they just wanted consistency across characters for the exhibit.

Thank you so much

Do you not have this book, Tom?

479879._UY630_SR1200,630_.jpg

It's basically an exhibition catalog for that Japanese show.

It's also the origin of these pics:

6269358a123e11e6963bf23c910800e5.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back