Halliwax's weird V3 theory

What‘s the correct paint scheme for the V3 as seen on screen in ROTJ? I‘d really love to change my V3 from the 1993 exhibition look to what was seen on screen.

What‘s the correct paint scheme for the V3 as seen on screen in ROTJ? I‘d really love to change my V3 from the 1993 exhibition look to what was seen on screen.

I posted this recently... way be a few posts up . V3 has browns an oranges in the neck

Our best footage of the true color is the behind the scenes footage with hamill and Anderson dueling in a warehouse near a garage door

So then it is basically a worn-down ANH paintjob (black emitter, bronze/copper neck & windvane, black grenade, unpainted midsection, black booster, unpainted pommel)?

It was likely closer to the painted resin cast.
88CA98E2-5AB3-4C92-85DC-D15C728C02E6.jpeg

Given the edge card and not bubbles, I always figured the resin stunt was painted to resemble the Luke ROTJ hero. You could be right though.

This is what an ANH stunt cast looked like in Empire
so i should have been in bed hours ago, but Trent helped me gain access to the video chris told me about today and ive been obsessing over ever since.

this footage is right before the scenes we see on the boot leg tv documentary. can't see the 5mm screw in the emitter, but i swear that is gaffers tape on the neck...

Clampless V3 baby!!

Hamill is actually using the V3 as a microphone, talking into it then pointing it to the camera. i have ripped the actual file, but need to edit it. and some how share it exclusively here... someone reported my youtube channel for the bootleg video of the fake dl-44... i think you are allowed 3 strikes then out.. dont want to jeopardize it... also going to try and edit the video a few times in different speeds.

View attachment 1276005

View attachment 1276004
View attachment 1275992

View attachment 1275993View attachment 1275994View attachment 1275995View attachment 1275996View attachment 1275996View attachment 1275997View attachment 1275998View attachment 1275999View attachment 1276000View attachment 1276001View attachment 1276002View attachment 1276003

this last photo really shows how wonky this sucker is! more to come tomorrow

What do you think, did Don Bies give the V3 a complete make-over for the tour in Japan, or did he just add the chrome tape? Don?

This is what an ANH stunt cast looked like in Empire

Yes, I‘ve seen that. When they shot the sandstorm scene in RoTJ, it was a last minute decision to give Luke the V2 instead of the Graflex. The V2 was most likely not touched since ANH (although I was always wondering about the missing black paint, what happened to that saber between ANH and RoTJ?). So...the V3 was pretty banged after it‘s use for ESB lightsaber duel rehearsals...AND there were new, pristine stunt sabers produced by Norank, one of them used in close-up shots for the ISYHCANL inserts. Lots of unwanted continuity problems I would say. Could it be possible the V3 has been touched up for use in RoTJ, but ended up to be used only for some shots in the duel?

What do you think, did Don Bies give the V3 a complete make-over for the tour in Japan, or did he just add the chrome tape? Don?

i think Don kind of gave it a "hero" make over, thats why he changed the clamp card, cleaned the booster of remaining paint, painted the rings black, and the neck a copper color

the black paint under the emitter plate? dunno...

Ill have to say it, im not of the belief that the warehouse saber is either ifof these sabers. I forgot that was a thing I talked about with halliwax and its influencing my thought process here. The saber has some damage and characteristics that dont seem to show up on these 2 sabers, like the brown on the v2 is from ANH. so this gold doesnt add up

Now i could be wrong, there is gold underneath the copper paint on the v3

Yes, I‘ve seen that. When they shot the sandstorm scene in RoTJ, it was a last minute decision to give Luke the V2 instead of the Graflex. The V2 was most likely not touched since ANH (although I was always wondering about the missing black paint, what happened to that saber between ANH and RoTJ?). So...the V3 was pretty banged after it‘s use for ESB lightsaber duel rehearsals...AND there were new, pristine stunt sabers produced by Norank, one of them used in close-up shots for the ISYHCANL inserts. Lots of unwanted continuity problems I would say. Could it be possible the V3 has been touched up for use in RoTJ, but ended up to be used only for some shots in the duel?

I think the V2 was given a quick strip/polish on the emitter and rings, maybe even the booster before it left the shop. They probably didnt have much time and had to do something with it to make it presentable lol

hey, has anyone compared the Wired emitter with the V3's?

It’s tough to scale because the resin is shrunk and warped and the emitter plate is cracked off

But if seems to be the same to me because the v3 emitter has a very distinct scallop to it on one side

The resin one has this same scallop but it is more aggressive since the resin shrunk and wrapped even more

I’m a firm believer it’s the same emitter

this is from one of Kurtyboy's snippet videos in the Vader blade painted & flexing thread. I was over there because of the new information we've gleaned and revisiting old stuff with new eyes.

Anyway, my eyes are now sensitive enough to see the different shades of paint on the emitter and neck. That other shot which may be another stunt is the only one I've officially seen of a bare neck with split paint. This is probably the V2, so we can add that to the list, this may be what's under the tape
02FEEF29-0CA3-4152-AA94-ED136A2346EB_1_201_a.jpeg

I boosted the levels, but this definitely looks like satin/smooth black and brown

Yeah we can ID that being the v2 with the emitter, rings and clamp

Ever single Kenobi stunt on screen in ANH I 100% believe is the v2

There is that one photo of behind the scenes with the v3 or if that’s not the v3 it’s another cast stunt

But as for what we see in ANH on screen, there’s no convincing me it’s not the v2 especially now thanks to 4k

I recently came across this image:

1597081751027.png

It looks like a solid black emitter and potentially a black windvane on Endor.. Can't be the V2, and the V3 should have an almost bare emitter by now(?)

Anyone have any ideas of which saber this is?

Attachments

• 1597081856037.png
    1597081856037.png
    921.5 KB · Views: 147
  • 1597081872523.png
    1597081872523.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 155
  • 1597081895057.png
    1597081895057.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 158
There's a pic from the new archives book from this scene, pre FX, and it's always thrown me as the emitter doesn't look to me like either the V2 or V3.

I'm on about page 15 of this, so apologies if the question has been asked...

Doesn't the tape around the booster / pommel suggest these two are one and the same?

bts1.JPG
bts.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back