had an idea, need creative and technical help

phantomPENGUIN

ok, so last night my brain decided to be overactive, yet only focused on one thing

so i tried to solve the problem of stray wires on costumes and heres an idea - based off of the mandalorian tv show and a fanfic i like, why not have a base holding the majority of the wiring, with magnetic connectors like the power cables on mac laptops. then things like gauntlets and helmet could be easily equipped and removed without loose cables and would be prevented from excess movement as well.

similar to the mandalorian's suit, this would allow it to be modular too.

but i need help with planning and seeing if it would work

Here how I solved that problem on some of my cosplay items.
Each item, my helmet, my weapon, ect...each item has it's own battery and charger.
I use one of these:
along with a small battery, something like this or bigger.

and one of these connected to a miniUSB cable for charging.

The battery and charger get mounted/glued into place hidden in object. Glue it all ito place in a way you can access the charge plug. I covered mine with hotglue and ductape. Lights/sound/whatever are plugged into charger. When you need to recharge you just plug in a USB cable with adapter or a cable that fits.

No loose wires. EASY recharge. Battery should last all day, get bigger if you need more power. They are flat and small, easy to hide in gloves, helmets, weapons, etc.

If you are going to have exposed wires/cables for looks I have some 'tech cables' on one of my costumes and I use small neodymium magnets to hold the end where I want. One inside the end of the cable tube and one on the mount. You could do this with wire also. Makes for easy connect/disconnect.
Good luck.

Here's a shot of my cosplay.
111aaa.jpg

your outfit looks dope. as for the ideas, i can see how it would work, but id want to have as little bluetooth as possible to save complexity and battery life. having wires to link everything would simultaneously free up space in/on the armour, and save weight overall. it would also negate the problem of people using the same bluetooth channel

your outfit looks dope. as for the ideas, i can see how it would work, but id want to have as little bluetooth as possible to save complexity and battery life. having wires to link everything would simultaneously free up space in/on the armour, and save weight overall. it would also negate the problem of people using the same bluetooth channel
Nothing I showed you is bluetooth. It's a battery and a charger circuit board. You plug your device in one side, plug the battery in the other, plug in charging cable when needed. No bluetooth. Good luck.

i plan on having wires connecting a helmet to a gauntlet, but magnetic connections so everything can be separated easily and without damaging the wires. i was thinking you had some similar controls with bluetooth, hence the confusion

also i know i use weird words like 'hence', i cant help it

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back