Gutenberg Bible Project (Pics Added)

I can claim the last pages 40-48. My school semester is almost over, and I'll have a couple weeks off before my job starts.

GENESIS:

TheNickFox - 1-10
epilepticsquirl - 11-13
Goodwolf - 14-20
jsather89 - 21-31
mathew - 32-34
gimpee - 35-39
jedichase - 40-48

GENESIS:

TheNickFox - 1-10
epilepticsquirl - 11-13
Goodwolf - 14-20
jsather89 - 21-31
mathew - 32-34
gimpee - 35-39
jedichase - 40-48

EXODUS:

breen2057 - 1-5
t1i2z3 - 6-16

I found something that may help the rest of y'all out.

King James Bible Online is a site with the Bible in vulgate Latin. There will be a few linguistic changes used due to lingual drift, but if you're having problems with trying to decipher which letters were used, it's pretty cool.

Hope it helps.

Hey guys, I've been following this thread since the beginning, and I'm so glad to see that it hasn't died! I'm lucky enough to own a facsimile Gutenberg New Testament (the smaller black & white one from the 60s), and I love it. I might pop in on this project when I get some free time in the Summer, but I just wanted to thank you all for keeping this alive! :)

Hey guys, I've been following this thread since the beginning, and I'm so glad to see that it hasn't died! I'm lucky enough to own a facsimile Gutenberg New Testament (the smaller black & white one from the 60s), and I love it. I might pop in on this project when I get some free time in the Summer, but I just wanted to thank you all for keeping this alive! :)

:thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

GENESIS:

TheNickFox - 1-5
TomJoad - 6-10
epilepticsquirl - 11-13
Goodwolf - 14-20
jsather89 - 21-31
mathew - 32-34 - RECEIVED
gimpee - 35-39
jedichase - 40-48

EXODUS:

breen2057 - 1-5
t1i2z3 - 6-16
RPFKOV - 17-19

Last edited:
Just finish my last college final, actually I just finished my A.A. degree. Anyway, I can really get cracking on this project. It's kind of interesting typing this up while listening to some Gregorian chant.

I've stared working on page 6. D... it's not an easy job.

So far here is what I've noted :

- the = sign at the end of a lign means the word is too long to be written entierly. End of the world is next line.
- they tend to abbreviate words : "et" mostly become "&". "est" is in short "e" (with a flat accent).
Since I use the Goodwolf link to help me decipher, I noticed that some word ending are replaced by letters with a flat accent above :
-am replaced with a "a"
-um replaced with a "u"
-em replaced with a "e"
Sometimes it's inside the word : "animantibus" become "animAtibus" (where A is a "a" with a flat accent).

That leads me to my next notice :

- We need an updated font with new charaters.
I miss a "q" without the above bar, but I need e-o-a-p-m with a bar above. Plus i need the black dot usually used for lists.
I also need a "u" and a "t" with a ~ above them.
And I have to deal with a glyph that looks like a "3" but is closer to a glyph used in music and meaning a silence.
(sorry I have a lack of vocabulary, english is not my native language).

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back