Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 3

Gunn has stated that there were a few things in IW & EG that he wouldn't have done, but admits & agreed that it's not HIS story to tell in those films. It was the Russo's. They DID ask Gunn to write the dialog for the scenes with the Guardians, which he's said he appreciated, but he didn't expect them to kill Gamora or give Peter his helmet back.

Evidently, as a form of joking 'payback' he had Nebula give Rocket Buckey's arm as a gift in the Christmas Special, to put the next director who deals with Buckey in the same boat he was in.

LOL

Gunn has stated that there were a few things in IW & EG that he wouldn't have done, but admits & agreed that it's not HIS story to tell in those films. It was the Russo's. They DID ask Gunn to write the dialog for the scenes with the Guardians, which he's said he appreciated, but he didn't expect them to kill Gamora or give Peter his helmet back.

Evidently, as a form of joking 'payback' he had Nebula give Rocket Buckey's arm as a gift in the Christmas Special, to put the next director who deals with Buckey in the same boat he was in.

LOL
I'm guessing Falcon and The Winter Soldier is before the Christmas Special in the timeline since nothing was mentioned or shown about him missing or getting a new arm.

Yeah, I just looked the $49.99 you're seeing isn't Amazon directly, it is a third party seller "Price Clock" (highlighted below). Always got to keep an eye out for those sneaky third party price hikers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230809-134221.png
    Screenshot_20230809-134221.png
    774.9 KB · Views: 39
The only thing that I wasn't overly keen on in volume 3 was the use of Florence and the Machine, but that is because it as a VERY overplayed song here in the UK. Thankfully it isn't at the level of Kate Bush's Running Up That Hill after Stranger Things.
When I think of the 3 soundtracks I think Guardians 1 is still my favourite with Guardians 2 a very close second.
I put Tyler Bates' orchestral scores for Guardians 1 and 2 at an equal level as both have standout tracks like "Black Tears" and "The Kyln Escape" in volume 1 and "Show time A-holes" and "Kraglin and Drax" volume 2.

The only thing that I wasn't overly keen on in volume 3 was the use of Florence and the Machine, but that is because it as a VERY overplayed song here in the UK. Thankfully it isn't at the level of Kate Bush's Running Up That Hill after Stranger Things.
When I think of the 3 soundtracks I think Guardians 1 is still my favourite with Guardians 2 a very close second.
I put Tyler Bates' orchestral scores for Guardians 1 and 2 at an equal level as both have standout tracks like "Black Tears" and "The Kyln Escape" in volume 1 and "Show time A-holes" and "Kraglin and Drax" volume 2.
The score of Vol. 3 might be my biggest disappointment. I really missed Tyler Bates' flavor and especially the actual Guardians theme, which is criminally underutilized in Vol. 3. John Murphy composed some beautiful music ("All Life Has Meaning") that absolutely land the emotional beats and I did really enjoy his Christmas Special score, but the Vol. 3 score feels more understated and far less iconic compared to Vol. 1 & 2 imo. Although with Vol. 3 being much more of an emotionally charged film, I can totally see the necessity for a more ethereal sound rather than the more bombastic space operatic approach.

I can't shake the sound of Rocket crying out of my head.

It wasn't the archetypical (cringey) Vaderesque "Noooo!". It wasn't rage. It wasn't even a scream of horror.

Rocket's wail was like a child experiencing suffering for the first time.

It wasn't the archetypical (cringey) Vaderesque "Noooo!". It wasn't rage. It wasn't even a scream of horror.

Rocket's wail was like a child experiencing suffering for the first time.

I kept telling myself “these are fake animals.. only cgi, these are fake animals”

I missed opening night because one of my pets - a white rabbit - was at the vet getting half her face debrided from a spider bite. We went the next day and I had Floor’s panicked yelling stuck in my head for about two weeks.

I missed opening night because one of my pets - a white rabbit - was at the vet getting half her face debrided from a spider bite. We went the next day and I had Floor’s panicked yelling stuck in my head for about two weeks.
Aaawwww… sorry that happened…

I thought it seemed kind of ironic that a whole movie that is basically about helping animals ends with the new team about to wipe out a herd of stampeding animals.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back