Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 3

Watched it yesterday on D+. It was a good movie, not “fun” like the first two, but enjoyable.

If they’re truly done making them, it was a good send off.

I have no interest in a Starlord movie though.
Had no idea it was on d+ that soon! I’m gonna have to see if I can convince my friend to let me hang out tonight so I can use her account lol

I was not thrilled with it and if it was the only guardians movie would have no interest in a sequel, which I don't have anyway.

Did I miss something, or did Starlord's comment cause the High Evolutionary to destroy Counter Earth? Maybe Guardians of the Galaxy but not guardians of any planet.

We also watched it on D+. It started out sucky, but if you didn't lose attention in the beginning, it somewhat rescued itself in the heartwarming back story of Rocket. Most everyone in my family was distracted by their phones, so didn't give it their full attention.

TazMan2000

Watched it a second time last night. Liked the music more this time but I agree the opening is slow. Had we not been introduced to this version of Nowhere in the Christmas special it might have been better.

I “think” the high evolutionary was going to destroy the planet anyway but I do think the interaction with Starlord spread it up, I could be wrong.

The surround sound mix on this was amaizing on D+.

I was looking at printing a Star-Lord helmet when I realized, I don't think we saw Peter's iconic helmet. Did I miss it?

Peter and this Gamora not getting together is appropriate as it would only belie the painful truth that Peter's Gamora is truly dead. It would have been wrong for Peter to have invested his feelings in what is essentially Gamora's clone.

Sure, there is always the possibility for them to develop a relationship in the future, but he is as likely (and arguably more likely) to find that with Nebula. Peter needs to mourn before he moves on.

I couldn’t believe it.. I was waiting and waiting for it, then at the very end I figured “finally!!” Nope… wonder what the purpose was of leaving that out?
Gunn said that because Peter was half drunk & Adam attacked so suddenly, Peter left both his helmet & boot rockets in his quarters.

Seemed completely plausible & I felt was narratively necessary to both add stakes to the end & gave Adam his 'moment', but of course some here INSIST that Gunn just made a mistake & is now lying to save face... & It's Disney's fault.

LOL

Did I miss something, or did Starlord's comment cause the High Evolutionary to destroy Counter Earth? Maybe Guardians of the Galaxy but not guardians of any planet.

We also watched it on D+. It started out sucky, but if you didn't lose attention in the beginning, it somewhat rescued itself in the heartwarming back story of Rocket. Most everyone in my family was distracted by their phones, so didn't give it their full attention.

TazMan2000
I think The High Evolutionary knew it was failing but wanted to seem perfect to everyone who he showed it to, but after the team witnessed an up-close look he knew to start over to save face (lol)

I think The High Evolutionary knew it was failing but wanted to seem perfect to everyone who he showed it to, but after the team witnessed an up-close look he knew to start over to save face (lol)

I got the idea that it wasn't a secret that Counter Earth was a failure and eventually it would be destroyed, but it seemed that Peter's comment was the trigger for the annihilation being a little quicker.

TazMan2000

I was looking at printing a Star-Lord helmet when I realized, I don't think we saw Peter's iconic helmet. Did I miss it?

Gunn said that because Peter was half drunk & Adam attacked so suddenly, Peter left both his helmet & boot rockets in his quarters.

Seemed completely plausible & I felt was narratively necessary to both add stakes to the end & gave Adam his 'moment', but of course some here INSIST that Gunn just made a mistake & is now lying to save face... & It's Disney's fault.

LOL

I thought the helmet was destroyed in the battle with Ego at the end of guardians 2

As far as the Guardians Trilogy of movies are concerned it was never replaced after being destroyed by Ego. However, it appears in Infinity War, which was outside of Gunns control. So the drawer explanation exists to cover that appearance. So the "mistake" is its appearance in IW, not its absence here.

LOL
I like the idea of him leaving it behind.

As far as the Guardians Trilogy of movies are concerned it was never replaced after being destroyed by Ego. However, it appears in Infinity War, which was outside of Gunns control. So the drawer explanation exists to cover that appearance. So the "mistake" is its appearance in IW, not its absence here.
I just now remember ego destroying the helmet along with the Walkman!!

We got a good look of the interior of the helmet once it was destroyed

But I thought he got a new one because it was in IW…

Thanks for explaining, so I guess we are suppose to pretend he’s not wearing it in the IW lol

I don't remember the mask having anything important to do in IW, (anyone remember?). If so its inclusion was probably an oversight, I'm sure they didn't even think to ask Gunn. The destruction itself is blink and you'll miss it, though it sets up Yondu's sacrifice.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back