GTA V on PC - if you're thinking about downloading it...

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I stupidly decided to get GTA V from Steam without looking at the download size (59.1GB). 19 hours later at 1.4mbps it's done. So if you still want it, go get a box copy like a sane person. :)

I started buying stuff on Steam because previously they downloaded in 3-4 hours, which I thought was great. Now I'm going to make sure to check size first though.

Download speed doesn't always matter :thumbsdown
Had to re-download The Last of Us(for some reason) and it took 27 HOURS :wacko checked my D/L speed and there was nothing wrong with it. 27 hrs just to download 10+ GB that shouldn't even have taken an hour.... :unsure

The download is only HALF the problem! After donwloading from Steam, it took 3 days to get the dang game to play! Rockstar "has" addressed the multiple issues PC owners are having (not all) but it was SO BAD, Steam offered a refund.

Just a side note: I really dont like how all these new games require you to sign up for all these different sites, clubs, forums, etc... What ever happened to just playing the game? (I understand the piracy issues) ;)

Anywho, I hope you dont have as many issues I did.

I think it has to do with playing GTA Online. You have to have a name so they just make everyone sign up even if you never intend to play MP.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back