Gritty Dark Power Rangers Fan Film featuring Katee Sackhoff

I liked it, but then again i never liked the original ranger shows. It's nice to see an unhappy ending once in a while though.

Didn't care much for the Power Rangers, in all their iterations, but I did watch this short movie and loved it. Good take on the franchise.

I thought it was a great take on it but was it power rangers?? Not really. No zords or actual morphing, Jason David Frank has release a video saying he's not fond of it.

I thought it was a great take on it but was it power rangers?? Not really. No zords or actual morphing, Jason David Frank has release a video saying he's not fond of it.

Jason David Frank is The Ranger That Just Couldn't Let Go. His dislike of it probably less to do with the visual style and grimdark nature and more to do with them not asking him to reprise his role as Tommy again.

lol in his video he says they had asked him but he turned it down due to its R rated nature. He doesn't feel that its appropriate to make a family show into that gritty and dark as it is still ment for kids.
Jason David Frank is The Ranger That Just Couldn't Let Go. His dislike of it probably less to do with the visual style and grimdark nature and more to do with them not asking him to reprise his role as Tommy again.

lol in his video he says they had asked him but he turned it down due to its R rated nature. He doesn't feel that its appropriate to make a family show into that gritty and dark as it is still ment for kids.

And yet he did the Superpower Beat Down, which featured his own character of Tommy being quite gruesomely impaled through the skull by Mortal Kombat's Scorpion.

I don't disagree, but there were other things that were a bit much, like zack doing blow lol

Yeah, but the whole point of this film grew out of the idea that the Rangers were, in essence, child soldiers. When you take children (which they were) and force them into combat situations, it WILL mess them up for life. Frankly, I'm surprised that none of them suicided out.

He is loyal to Saban and doesn't want to tarnish that relationship because he is hoping to be in their future film. I'm sure he saw that this could potentially hurt their relationship with all the blood, f bombs and drugs. I remember reading an interview where is said something along the lines of he has always supported Saban and isn't trying to say they owe him but they owe him kinda thing

Just think what they could do with another childhood favorite; Transformers! :D

Honestly they could darken transformers and keep it in line with Generation one, the comics were pretty dark at times, but instead we got Bay crapping on everything. They could do it with GI joe too as those comics were not very kid friendly even for Marvel but everything has to be PG13 with bad writing and vapid characters these days.

Yeah, but the whole point of this film grew out of the idea that the Rangers were, in essence, child soldiers. When you take children (which they were) and force them into combat situations, it WILL mess them up for life. Frankly, I'm surprised that none of them suicided out.

Didn't Billy do just that with a pistol? Even if at the urging of Rita.

Didn't Billy do just that with a pistol? Even if at the urging of Rita.

Sorry, I meant prior to Rita jumping in and mind screwing everyone.

Besides, one could argue that it's not suicide if someone convinces you to do it and keeps urging you until you pull the proverbial (or literal, in this case) trigger.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back