Green Ranger Dragon Dagger Help!

So in the video linkara used dryed out marker caps for some of the detailing... but i don't think i have any of that... and i don't have the long one shape marker cap anyways.... what else can i use?

Just start digging through your trash or your junk drawer and see what you can find that you can repurpose. And if all else fails, just use Apoxie Sculpt to make the shapes. There's no exact science to any of this, experiment and see what happens.

-Nick

En so i just put the primer on.. and it has alot of like stuff on it... and is kinda graney... it comes off on my hand even after is dry to... did i just get the wrong primer? ( i used a spray paint) or am i doing something wrong?

yea i ralize it was not.. and i jsut want and bought one for plastic... but now i need to take forever using a razer or somethign to take off the panit.... ( is the ones for outdoor.. wood /steel.. the one that has texter on it..).... do u have any better idea of how i can take it off?

ok now i feel so dumb... i just bought paint removering to remove it from the brushs.. not sure why i dind't try using it till 4 hours after trying to sand it off

So i put on a different primer.. and is alittle bit grinny when u hold it.... is it support to be like taht or did i bought another one that is wrong?.. cuss i know i used normal black spray paint on something else before and... that thing does not feel like that at all there is no grind to it at all... but that spray paint is not a primer...

(basily is not smooth... is primer... not smooth?)

ok now i feel so dumb... i just bought paint removering to remove it from the brushs.. not sure why i dind't try using it till 4 hours after trying to sand it off

So i put on a different primer.. and is alittle bit grinny when u hold it.... is it support to be like taht or did i bought another one that is wrong?.. cuss i know i used normal black spray paint on something else before and... that thing does not feel like that at all there is no grind to it at all... but that spray paint is not a primer...

(basily is not smooth... is primer... not smooth?)

or is it something i need to just wait 24 hours for? is been like 5 hours

Primer should dry pretty fast... Does it say anything on the can?... Did you clean the prop really good after you had used the paint remover? I'm thinking that if it still has some PR on it might messup the new layer of primer.

Take a picture of the bumpy primer and maybe we can tell a little better what might be the cause.

here are the pics..

IMG_6470.jpg

IMG_6468.jpg

um i asked a freind that spry paint he said that.. ether i did it to close... or to much.... or i dind't shake the can enought... are these... should be any case of this?

If there was still a layer of paint remover on there, it might be preventing the primer from binding to the surface. (EDIT: I see Contec already thought of this)

Other factors that can affect cure time are humidity and temperature. But I don't think they'd be pushing the cure time that far.

What primer are you using, could we see a picture of the can?

-Nick

That looks awesome, man! It really is incredible how quickly you went from experimentation to finished product. Great job! You should really be proud of that.

How's it feel to actually have it done?

-Nick

Great work...Now make another one with the knowledge you learned on the first one.

My philosophy exactly!

This thread definitely needs more views, if only to show some of the newer guys here what can be done if you just start a project. That momentum is invaluable when it comes to our hobby and art.

-Nick

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back