Green Goblin helmet.

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by decaturvader, Feb 25, 2006.

1. decaturvader

decaturvader Sr Member

[​IMG]

I have pondered adding one of those to my collection, but I have seen prices, lenses, paint jobs, and even teeth vary. The above pic is the last one I considered, but the trader flaked out on me.

I'd love to get input from artist here who have tackled that fella.
    Post some pics.. :D

2. TFrosst

TFrosst Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Some that you see for sale are custom sculpts, i've heard others are casts off the real thing.

3. decaturvader

decaturvader Sr Member

C'Mon ...anyone have some to show off? :)

4. Atarian

Atarian Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

5. Simmon M

Simmon M Sr Member

Here's creamedgeezer's old mask - it may be big but I love him just the same. ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Atarian

7. buckettt

buckettt Well-Known Member

I bought mine (as a kit) off ebay years ago (100 bucks) its color isn't acurate...but I like it... I painted it with a silver base coat then metalic candy apple green...and a purple stripe.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  8. decaturvader

decaturvader Sr Member

WOW, what a tremenous difference between movie cast and fan made. I can't imagine anyone trying to wear that huge thing. It looks cool as all heck, but dang,...the size is remarkable. I would like to see your screen casted mask next to something to compare size with....like the Don Post Vader Deluxe mask or somthing. I really like your paint job. Do your lenses move?

9. decaturvader

decaturvader Sr Member

Hey, neat display. That is exactly what I am picturing having in my collection someday. Creative paint job too. I Like that :D

10. Atarian

11. fettster

fettster Sr Member

I got a movie cast one on its way as we speak.

Cant wait to get it, i also have one of the big ones too ill be looking to get rid of.hint, hint.

does anyone have the colour code for the paint?

12. TK171

TK171 Well-Known Member

That larger one is nice with the electronic eyes and all.. but just HUGEOLA. I think for a fan made, the sculpt is really nice, paint was decent and they eyes moved which was cool. I would say, that is really close to the Bobby C movie mold one in quality, just larger than it should be.

I had that one, and used if for halloween a few yrs back. I looked like a bobble head, but everyone thought it was sweet.

[​IMG]

Got a Bobby C one, and never did anything with it.. so I sold it. I kinda wish I still had it, but just lost interest in painting it up and adding everthing it needed.

13. decaturvader

decaturvader Sr Member

so, was the screen used mask painted in a two toned scheme? Was it something like that automotive chamelion (sp?) paint that changes color in different light angles?

14. fettster

fettster Sr Member

i got my movie cast helmet today.

I also ordered some green/purple/teal paint from spazstix.com.

I hope the green is a close match as it didnt show pictures but its cheap enough to risk it.

I also have a plan for the lenses but what has every one used in their movie casts?

15. fettster

fettster Sr Member

update.

Got my movie cast painted yesterday. looks amazing.

Ill start a fresh tread later when i get home and take some pictures