Greebs on Gladiator (Maximus) armour - budget version

Heatshock

Sr Member
this is part of the project that I am working on with ob1al to create a budget version of the Maximus armour

using pics that I found off here - I scaled em up to the armour that ob1al is working on

32617.jpg

few failed attempts later

IMG_20110305_055528.jpg

it started to look better

IMG_20110305_200801.jpg

IMG_20110305_140830.jpg

They look terrific, Nate! I keep thinking about attempting some Maximus armor, and while I think I could get my way through the leatherwork, I am wary about the pieces like this. They're much more difficult to me. So hats off to you-- great job!

Cheers guys. Appreciate the feedback. They are not ultra accurate, but was happy with the outcome. I have played with clay in the past, but not to replicate a prop before.

@ob1al - still gotta work out how to mount the greebs, being polyurethane though, soaking em in hot water a while makes em quite pliable? I will drop a full set in the post next week when I get a moment bud

@cristar - lmk if you need as set. Been surprised with the interest with just the greebs.

@funky - you and me both man, love Al's work so far. Just glad I could help in the creation of an affordable replica!

@JediJayne - I must admit, I was a little dubious abt the really fine detail, but man, you just gotta love RTV silicone!!! I hope the molds last long enough, as some of the walls in the fine details are a little thin. 5 casts down, and they are still holding up much better than I thought they would. My personal fav is the tree, it looks simple, but alot of nice organic type curves and turns in the sculpt.

Nate

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back