Greebs on Gladiator (Maximus) armour - budget version

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Heatshock, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Heatshock

Heatshock Well-Known Member

this is part of the project that I am working on with ob1al to create a budget version of the Maximus armour

using pics that I found off here - I scaled em up to the armour that ob1al is working on

[​IMG]

few failed attempts later

[​IMG]

it started to look better

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Heatshock

more progress

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

molding

[​IMG]

raw casts

[​IMG]

with primer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

quite happy how these have turned out :D

Nate

3. JediJayne

JediJayne Well-Known Member

Looks great, I love the detail on those wings!

4. ob1al

ob1al Sr Member

Very nice Nate. Looks like nice clean casts.

5. Cristar Attevan

Cristar Attevan Member

They look terrific, Nate! I keep thinking about attempting some Maximus armor, and while I think I could get my way through the leatherwork, I am wary about the pieces like this. They're much more difficult to me. So hats off to you-- great job!

6. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I have the shoulder armor and have been waiting so long for this! I love it!

7. Heatshock

Cheers guys. Appreciate the feedback. They are not ultra accurate, but was happy with the outcome. I have played with clay in the past, but not to replicate a prop before.

@ob1al - still gotta work out how to mount the greebs, being polyurethane though, soaking em in hot water a while makes em quite pliable? I will drop a full set in the post next week when I get a moment bud

@cristar - lmk if you need as set. Been surprised with the interest with just the greebs.

@funky - you and me both man, love Al's work so far. Just glad I could help in the creation of an affordable replica!

@JediJayne - I must admit, I was a little dubious abt the really fine detail, but man, you just gotta love RTV silicone!!! I hope the molds last long enough, as some of the walls in the fine details are a little thin. 5 casts down, and they are still holding up much better than I thought they would. My personal fav is the tree, it looks simple, but alot of nice organic type curves and turns in the sculpt.

Nate

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012