Greatest American Hero - Ralph's Walkie Talkie help

Jet Beetle

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
Season one of Hero introduced the little two way walkie talkie's Ralph and Bill would use to contact one another - some of the funnier scenes involved Ralph mid-flight SCREAMING into his side while Bill searched the sky for any sign of him.

Last year Profiles in History auctioned a second and third season Walkie Talkie for 1000g, which I would have happily paid if I hadn't missed the auction by an hour. I knew our very own master prop man Richard Coyle built these props for the show, and in a recent conversation he let me know the second season radios were all scratch built, so until another resurfaces I'm out of luck.
get-attachmentaspx-2.jpg

get-attachment-2aspx.jpg

As for the first season radio - It's pretty obvious it was built from a cigarette lighter, but seeing how the push top button is MIA I'm not sure how much of this baby was altered. I plan on making one or two for myself and I was hoping someone here may be able to ID the little round disc on the side. I plan on finding a lighter to match- it doesn't look all that different from the ones still for sale at gas station counters.
walkietalkieseasn1.jpg

thanks for any help

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back