Great Scott! It’s another Hoverboard build thread...

Minor changes...

2uzw36c.jpg

2zj9lw3.jpg

1yyqv.jpg

2iapuh5.jpg

Little bit unhappy with the holographic tape around the edge, but not much I can do. May give it a blast of satin varnish to help hold it on and protect it.

Thanks for the encouraging words... I am my own harshest critic. Always been like that whatever I do, but it urges me on to do the best I can. So not the worst thing... ;)

Thank you for the kind words... :)

Still waiting for all the bits and pieces I have ordered to arrive before I can get on with this.

And also going to Manchester Comic Con this weekend with my Fiancée where we will be attending as Joker and Harley Quinn.
Obviously, I will leave it to you lot to decide who is going as who... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
While trying to figure out the correct placement for the footplate, I was watching and taking screengrabs from BTTF II...
In the process I managed to get a great shot of the top forward section of the board which is almost looking straight down.
This has told me that the current graphic I have used is not quite right, but I am not going to worry about it at this late stage.

But if I ever do another? I will certainly redesign to the pattern this picture shows... :D

8yco5w.jpg

Here’s mine cropped and rotated for an easy comparison. Like I said, close, but no cigar...

2egfexd.jpg

There were a few different boards used when filming the movie, maybe they didn't all look quite the same in terms of details.
So you should just pick the look you prefer if there's different looks for the same board used in the movie.
I based my first board off this kind of hoverboard, so it might not count as a replica I'm not sure.
But its definitely inspired by this look (hero board?). I might make more of a replica of this later.

Thank you... :thumbsup

It’s true what they say about learning more from a mistake than a victory!
But that doesn’t mean I enjoy making them though. ;)

I do hope the remaining bits and pieces arrive during the week, it’s so close to being finished that it is making my teeth itch... :D

Plus, I want to get back to my Falcon build and I’ve got an idea about building a flux capacitor!

Thanks for the words people.
Not much in the way of updates, I am waiting for some new black paint and clear coat so that I can get the levitation thingys finished off.
Decided I will be making a new foot plate as well, because the one I previously made looks just a bit too small.
If all goes well and deliveries arrive as they should, it should all be done by this Sunday... Yay. :lol

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back