Grail diary

Petertiger

Sr Member
Here's one to think about if Indy's dad called his son junior all the time and then final only accepted he likes being called Indiana and calls it him when he was trying to pull him out of the crack in the grail temple floor towards the end of the film,WHY ? did he put Prof Indiana Jones on the label he put on the diary packing sure he would have put Prof Henry Jones jr.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-07-13-08-52-05.png
    Screenshot_2019-07-13-08-52-05.png
    426.9 KB · Views: 140
Henry Sr once mentioned in the Story diary that he read a newspaper article about his son called “Indiana”.
Maybe he thought Henry jr. is too confusing because he has well known that Indiana Jones is more popular than the Junior thing...

Here's one to think about if Indy's dad called his son junior all the time and then final only accepted he likes being called Indiana and calls it him when he was trying to pull him out of the crack in the grail temple floor towards the end of the film,WHY ? did he put Prof Indiana Jones on the label he put on the diary packing sure he would have put Prof Henry Jones jr.

Is that what it actually said in the movie? The attached (rotated) snapshot is all I can see in the HD version of the movie. It's unreadable. Or is that taken from a prop at the Skywalker Ranch (it's definitely not the movie prop as I can see a distinct difference in the package color and the Venice stamp which is much larger here) or is it from a fan-made prop? I can't make out what it says in the snapshot from the movie with any real certainty, but I can only make out two words not three (the string is in the way, though), but it could easily say just, "Prof. Jones".

Diary01.jpg

Is that what it actually said in the movie? The attached (rotated) snapshot is all I can see in the HD version of the movie. It's unreadable. Or is that taken from a prop at the Skywalker Ranch (it's definitely not the movie prop as I can see a distinct difference in the package color and the Venice stamp which is much larger here) or is it from a fan-made prop? I can't make out what it says in the snapshot from the movie with any real certainty, but I can only make out two words not three (the string is in the way, though), but it could easily say just, "Prof. Jones".

View attachment 1052296
The prop that I used as a reference to make my replica of the packing was from the special features on the Last Crusade film from my DVD box set which as a prop gallery and it's got a photo of the packing with the label as I pictured above

The prop that I used as a reference to make my replica of the packing was from the special features on the Last Crusade film from my DVD box set which as a prop gallery and it's got a photo of the packing with the label as I pictured above

I guess I'm saying that trying to find fictional character motives based on something not visible in the film is more likely to be chocked up to prop maker error than anything else. We've got two very different Staff of Ra pieces (let alone the variations in the fertility "stunt" idol and that mechanical one with the human-like eyes) being passed off in the same movie as the same artifact and the easiest motive is saving money and making it easier to film. The Staff of Ra was a bad idea, IMO as they look VERY different (just changing the text would have been bad enough). And still people didn't notice. So, given you can't read the label watching the movie (unless the 4K version if/when it comes out changes that), I'd chock it up to the prop people rather than Henry Jones Sr.

But I believe Henry Jones Sr. was well aware his child liked the name Indiana and refused to use it since it's a bit of an insult to not want his father's name. I don't think he just discovered it in the movie. Whether he'd put it in print or not is hard to say if he thought it actually important. He did call him Indiana when it was really important (to save his life) and I think he placed great value on that diary getting there quickly. In other words, I wouldn't worry about it too much either way.

I guess I'm saying that trying to find fictional character motives based on something not visible in the film is more likely to be chocked up to prop maker error than anything else. We've got two very different Staff of Ra pieces (let alone the variations in the fertility "stunt" idol and that mechanical one with the human-like eyes) being passed off in the same movie as the same artifact and the easiest motive is saving money and making it easier to film. The Staff of Ra was a bad idea, IMO as they look VERY different (just changing the text would have been bad enough). And still people didn't notice. So, given you can't read the label watching the movie (unless the 4K version if/when it comes out changes that), I'd chock it up to the prop people rather than Henry Jones Sr.

But I believe Henry Jones Sr. was well aware his child liked the name Indiana and refused to use it since it's a bit of an insult to not want his father's name. I don't think he just discovered it in the movie. Whether he'd put it in print or not is hard to say if he thought it actually important. He did call him Indiana when it was really important (to save his life) and I think he placed great value on that diary getting there quickly. In other words, I wouldn't worry about it too much either way.
so very true at the end of the day the replicas look great in our collection's.

His friends called him Indy at the beginning of the film (when he was a kid), so yeah his dad knew he went by that name.

Also since they worked at the same college it would make it easier to separate the two by using Indy.

I have one question on Marc's reference for the Grail journal, I hope this thread is adequate to ask. In page 109, there is this reference to "
(Probably(!!!) the second page of spread 14 on which the extra spread is glued) " but I have no idea what he refers to. Any tips? I think I've figured out the rest of the pages already.

I have one question on Marc's reference for the Grail journal, I hope this thread is adequate to ask. In page 109, there is this reference to "
(Probably(!!!) the second page of spread 14 on which the extra spread is glued) " but I have no idea what he refers to. Any tips? I think I've figured out the rest of the pages already.
Google Zen seeker Grail diary pages and you will a full list of all the pages and what inserts are with them.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back