Grail diary questions and support thread

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The above drawing is only an INSERT in the original hero prop. It was never shown on film though. Instead one of the B-props was used for the "Leap from the Lion's Head" shot with a 2-page spread added (which was not actually a drawing, but a photocopy of the Grail Knight Painting prop with additional pencil notes and sketches added on top).

As for Club Obi Wan, it definitely is the best resource for GD information. I'll PM you more about it to see if we can get your account up and running.

kevin926

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm starting completely over with this making the journal and handwriting it. I thought I was on the right track before however I kept researching as I went and decided I wasn't happy with the path I was on. I went story version before but this will be full blown hero now. I also purchased my blank journal off etsy. Not this time . Hand made by me all the way

Last edited:

kevin926

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ok, may sound like a silly question but this has to do with the page order. This is a quick cut n paste only to clear up my inquiry

1: "The Grail is flooded"
2: "There is an anonymous account"
3: "Tibetan skull..."
4: "In the Queste"
5: Omphalos
6: Lancelot approaching the Grail
7: Prestor John
8/9: 1905 Tabora Map (2 Page CENTERFOLD)
10: "For here we have..."

So 8 and 9 is a 2 page centerfold but if 1 starts on the left leaving the very 1rst page of the diary blank, 8 and 9 will not be side by side.

I am guessing that page 1 will be on the right and not leave any pages blank at the diary beginning. To help with my question, I used a blank journal for example.. Top or bottom picture is correct?
FEB3CAE7-CE7B-4332-95B9-50FA7C72757B.jpeg
66C7B020-A90A-46AE-976A-554B379136CF.jpeg

kevin926

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The bottom picture is correct. The odd numbered pages will always be on the right and the even ones will be on the left.
But this is what's really confusing me. If we go that way, then the other pages from your page order will fall out of place.

Examples.
From the page order thread these are all maps that take up left and right pages so they're side by side. If I use the 1rst page by itself, these will no longer line up.

kevin926

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
General question for all that may know the answer.

The official licensed books such as The Best of Lucas Archives, The Greatest Adventures Of Indiana Jones, Indiana Jones Ultimate Guide..

How accurate are they?

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm not sure what you're asking. Pages 15/16 do NOT face each other. If you're using my page order list from COW, page 14/15 face each other and then page 16 would face page 1 of the next signature.

As for the official books, it depends on what you mean as far as "accurate". Most of them have a mixture of accurate and inaccurate information, so use them cautiously. If you have specific questions about the contents, I'll help where I can.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.