Graflex conversion - Where is the best place to buy accurate parts?

And 2. That there was something wrong with the blade holder that allows the two halves to rotate out of alignment. It shows the misalignment more clearly in the Roman's tube where you can see that the corners of the hole's half circles don't meet up.

Dude, Put a blade in it. It's not rotating. What you are seeing is the top half of the blade holder being pulled right by the oval slotted screw, and the bottom half being pushed left by the glass eye screw.

The blade holder tolerances are so tight as is that you will most likely need to deburr the inside of the flash anyways. Any tighter and we would be blasted with complaints.

What you are seeing is the top half of the blade holder being pulled right by the oval slotted screw, and the bottom half being pushed left by the glass eye screw.

What you've stated here is that the two pieces ARE ROTATING out of alignment within the Roman's replica. Which is one of the reasons you don't recommend your blade holder for the Roman's replica.

What I stated is what I was seeing at that time as a possible reason for the misalignment. Knowing now that the Roman's replica is off a tad is the culprit, it's easy to not get your blade holder for a Roman's replica, and to get one for an original GRAFLEX instead. :)

So... I get that this your baby, but you jumped the gun a bit by telling me to "put a blade in it".

It be neat if there was a simple solution that could allow you to say it did work on both original GRAFLEX flashtubes and the Roman's replica!

I wonder if there is any way to secure the two halves together in a manner that would prevent the misalignment from occurring within a Roman's replica? Or perhaps creating a wider hole for the glass eye or the slotted screw so that inserting it doesn't put pressure on on the two halves offsetting them? Maybe if there's no way to make the blade holder work for both, you guys could get together with Roman and do a run specifically for his replica.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back