GOW Lancer MOD with arduino and waveshield...

So I originally had one regular red LED hooked up, I'd planned on using it for power indicator or something. But I realized I hadn't done anything with the site...

I originally just drilled a hole and stuck the red LED up in there, but the direction of the light wasn't spectacular, and I needed something that would illuminate cast acrylic (reason and explanation as to why I needed cast acrylic is below)... I went to see if I could mod it with two LED's, but alas I was all out of red's, except for a batch of super tiny surface mount LED's (when I say tiny I mean seriously tiny, 1mm x .5mm) rediculously small, I'd got them by accident instead of regular LED's (wasn't paying attention when ordering). I've soldered surface mount before but never this small, but I figured they'd be easy to tuck away, I was right.
IMG_2744%2B%2528800x533%2529.jpg

I wanted to do something kind of special with it, my buddy has a laser engraver so I knew I wanted to use cast acrylic (it catches light a lot better than regular acrylic when being lit). So we had a little creative planning session, I knew I wanted to do something like a gears logo reticle, so I bought a gear generating application (I'd wanted to get it anyway to make stuff with my soon to be built CNC mill).. Anyway I showed him the GOW gear logo I'd created and he went crazy in corel draw churning out reticle's.

So which one looks best?

This one?
IMG_2752%2B%2528800x533%2529.jpg

Or this one?
IMG_2748%2B%2528800x533%2529.jpg

And finally all finished and screwed together (just need to add the detail/screw covers)...
2011-12-06%2B21.05.02%2B%2528800x600%2529.jpg

Last edited:
GOW Lancer MOD with arduino and waveshield... Updated with lighted base

Just wanted to share the laser cut stand I made for my Lancer, I had my friend cut all the parts.

DSCN0011.JPG

DSCN0014.JPG

DSCN0002.JPG

DSCN0004.JPG

The LED's actually are a lot more redish in color... not pink like in the pictures, need to get a better camera.

I used cast acrylic, particle board and had the artwork printed at an online printshop (too big for the inkjet and I was concerned the inkjet paper would stick to the acrylic).

Very nice, the base really makes it come across as a pro job. You should be very happy.
Now your next task is to make it into a full functioning airsoft gun too!

Thanks! Actually I think my next project is going to be a dead space pulse rifle... never actually built anything from scratch (modified a bunch of stuff, but I've been inspired by a lot of stuff I've seen here).

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back