Gotham Rogues from Batman Dark Knight Rises

Ok, here's the deal...

I will put up regular tees this week (I'll post a link when they are available for order), as far as UA versions...

Turns out it's tricky to screen print on this material. Spoke with a printer (guy who does my fulfillment service printing for my website) and said he could do it if I supplied the shirts.

UA shirts are $20-$25 all by themselves, and I don't have the cash for trial and error at $20 a pop, so I asked him for a quote on the printing based on 25 shirts just for a rough estimate.

I need to find out what his policy on misprints (since I'm supplying the shirts), errors and whatnot, but if it's his liability I'm cool with orchestrating this run.

These shirts would be $50 ea. for the 2 color (black & silver) design if anyone wants one. That number could go slightly down if I end up with more orders than quoted for, but with all of the costs and efforts involved that is what I decided was a fair asking price.

Like I said, I will put up a "regular tshirt" version as well ($20.95), but if you are interested in this UA run at this price, I will post a new thread in the Junkyard (where it belongs). Please post there.

I'll supply a link here when I create the thread later today.

Thanks everyone!

-K

I guess regular T-shirt is sounding a lot better now. Still, if you can get enough people to order and lower the price to $30, I would be interested in the UA shirt.

Hi all, I am new here but my roommate from College works for UA and supposedly they are trying to work on getting some official shirts/hats/etc made up for sale around the launch of the movie and potentially some replica jerseys. Not sure if that interests any of you but I was at the stadium and didn't get a shirt either so I am stoked if that's true. Sucks to wait that long but I would rather the real thing than a knock off. NO offense intended, it's a great replica.

If any of you have ideas for them, he supposedly is tight with the guy who works on it and they are open for suggestion, I'd be happy to relay. Who knows if it goes anywhere but can't hurt right?

Man, been busy... sorry the link isn't up yet for the "regular" tee, it's coming this weekend (not enough hours in the day)...

Either way, found out what my printer's policy is on error margin if I'm buying the shirts and it's very low, so I guess I'm game to go through with this run if I have enough interest.

Just wanted to keep you guys in the loop... as sais earlier, I'll post a new interest thread for the UA shirt.

And to St33l3rfan86, in case you didn't read my posts thoroughly (I assume from your comments that you didn't) I AM doing an Under Armour version... like the original.

Not sure how a friend of yours who works for UA makes it any different unless he/they have access to actual artwork used for the logos to print from (which I doubt), or you're suggesting they'll be cheaper, but you might want to consider extending coutesies to people who have been here longer than a day and not have it seem like you are stepping on toes.

Granted, I didn't start this thread, but I've clearly made my intentions as far as my offerings in it. You're coming off as someone "fishing", which puts your motives for being a member here (imo) in question as far as I'm concerned.

Get a feel for the forum first before you post things... works out better for everyone.

-K

@chewbaccadoll Certainly wasn't my intentions at all and apologies if it seemed otherwise. I was just sharing information I heard....nothing more. Definitely not trying to step on toes. I was searching Gotham Rogues on Google and found this thread.

Very sorry if I offended anyone, I know in other forums I belong to there are protocols as well and I feel bad if it came across wrong.

Great stuff here -- I hope this turns out well!

I'd just like to address one issue...

And to St33l3rfan86, in case you didn't read my posts thoroughly (I assume from your comments that you didn't) I AM doing an Under Armour version... like the original.

Not sure how a friend of yours who works for UA makes it any different unless he/they have access to actual artwork used for the logos to print from (which I doubt), or you're suggesting they'll be cheaper, but you might want to consider extending coutesies to people who have been here longer than a day and not have it seem like you are stepping on toes.

Granted, I didn't start this thread, but I've clearly made my intentions as far as my offerings in it. You're coming off as someone "fishing", which puts your motives for being a member here (imo) in question as far as I'm concerned.

Get a feel for the forum first before you post things... works out better for everyone.

-K

First, let me say that I mean no disrespect, chewbaccadoll. I'm quite impressed by your work and many others who frequent the RPF. Having said that:

1) I have been here longer than a day.

2) I have read this whole thread.

3) Having read St33l3rfan86's comment several times, I feel he was simply offering up information he heard. He didn't suggest you weren't doing UA clothing and he didn't suggest his friend was doing anything different. If anything, his poor choice of wording ("Knockoff" being the key word) was his only fault. I can totally see how that could be insulting. But, he was simply notifying us of a possible alternative some time in the future. Or at the least an idea UA is playing with that may never come to fruition.

In my opinion, whether you make the shirt or UA, it's still a replica of a movie prop/costume. One simply carries an "Official" title on it and the backing of the studio. (And will most likely cost more.) That in no way belittles your talent.

And to St33l3rfan86, I wouldn't use the word "knockoff" here. Many talented people frequent these forums and they put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into these projects. Knockoffs are what you find on eBay. Art is what you find here. (Hmm... that's catchy! I think I'll keep that.)

Now then, lets move past this and share some cookies! :lol

Great stuff here -- I hope this turns out well!

I'd just like to address one issue...

First, let me say that I mean no disrespect, chewbaccadoll. I'm quite impressed by your work and many others who frequent the RPF. Having said that:

1) I have been here longer than a day.

2) I have read this whole thread.

3) Having read St33l3rfan86's comment several times, I feel he was simply offering up information he heard. He didn't suggest you weren't doing UA clothing and he didn't suggest his friend was doing anything different. If anything, his poor choice of wording ("Knockoff" being the key word) was his only fault. I can totally see how that could be insulting. But, he was simply notifying us of a possible alternative some time in the future. Or at the least an idea UA is playing with that may never come to fruition.

In my opinion, whether you make the shirt or UA, it's still a replica of a movie prop/costume. One simply carries an "Official" title on it and the backing of the studio. (And will most likely cost more.) That in no way belittles your talent.

And to St33l3rfan86, I wouldn't use the word "knockoff" here. Many talented people frequent these forums and they put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into these projects. Knockoffs are what you find on eBay. Art is what you find here. (Hmm... that's catchy! I think I'll keep that.)

Now then, lets move past this and share some cookies! :lol

Agreed, it was an absolute TERRIBLE choice of words, and it never occurred to me until you pointed that out. Lesson learned! Thanks so much....

Man, been busy... sorry the link isn't up yet for the "regular" tee, it's coming this weekend (not enough hours in the day)...

Either way, found out what my printer's policy is on error margin if I'm buying the shirts and it's very low, so I guess I'm game to go through with this run if I have enough interest.

Just wanted to keep you guys in the loop... as sais earlier, I'll post a new interest thread for the UA shirt.

-K

Just posting to make sure I stay updated on the production of these shirts. I live in Korea, so if there is anything I can help with for supplies to bring costs down, let me know.

6063909193_1aff9499df.jpg

Here's something I did about a month a go. A moc up of what the shirt should look like. I still need to polish out the letter form, I just got lazy by the end of tracing out the logo. I see other people had the same idea too.

I'd love to see what colour the Rogues helmets will be so I could paint on up. That'd be pretty sweet I think.

I have been extremely busy with other shirts, my website, work in general and countless other things, so I apologize this isn't getting the attention it deserves.

It seems like other people want to get in on this, so I will gracefully bow out if someone else wants to step in. Frankly, I have a lot on my plate and I think if I were to do them they would move a lot quicker closer to the opening of the movie anyways.

I will still put up a regular t-shirt style one on my website.... just need to create a page and graphics for it. Lately, I haven't had 10 minutes to myself!

Again, if someone else wants to step in and offer these, feel free... otherwise, it will have to be a "watch this thread for updates" situation.

I have been extremely busy with other shirts, my website, work in general and countless other things, so I apologize this isn't getting the attention it deserves.

It seems like other people want to get in on this, so I will gracefully bow out if someone else wants to step in. Frankly, I have a lot on my plate and I think if I were to do them they would move a lot quicker closer to the opening of the movie anyways.

I will still put up a regular t-shirt style one on my website.... just need to create a page and graphics for it. Lately, I haven't had 10 minutes to myself!

Again, if someone else wants to step in and offer these, feel free... otherwise, it will have to be a "watch this thread for updates" situation.

PLEASE!!!
Post here when the shirts are available. I really don't want to miss these!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back