Done / Completed GotG Star Lord's Boot Rockets

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Features:

- THE most accurate boot rocket replicas to date, bar none
- Much more durable and lightweight than resin because they are direct 3d printed "master copies"
- Transparent and hollow parts for adding lighting
- Parts (over 40 total) slot together for ease of assembly
- Mounting plates for boots included, with spaces for hidden magnets (choose between screen accurate or slotted for twist-lock action)

Kits will need some cleanup, assembly and paint as per usual.

Cost per kit is $345 shipped for a complete set.(I can offer the kit without transparent parts for $295)

Please note that each kit takes over a week to manufacture, so I need at least two or three to get them made, prepped and sent.

Master pattern render:
attachment.php

Final kit parts (mail color may vary):
attachment.php

Test-fitting first final prototype on my w-i-p- boots:
attachment.php

Please send me a PM if you want a set and thanks for looking!

Attachments

• rocketskit_001.jpg
    rocketskit_001.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 787
  • rocketskit_002.jpg
    rocketskit_002.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 793
  • rocketskit_003.jpg
    rocketskit_003.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 807
Last edited:
Re: Star Lord BOOT ROCKETS kit

I am in. Let me know when you need deposit. I been waiting for someone to do this.

Will you have option of 100% done kit/lights also or is that to much to ask?

-West

I am in. Let me know when you need deposit. I been waiting for someone to do this.

Will you have option of 100% done kit/lights also or is that to much to ask?

-West

Sending you a PM. These are ready to go into production on a per-order basis, so I'm accepting payment as folks want them. (Sending you a PM.)

I've kinda got a limit in my head that I probably don't want to do more than six kits total, but we'll see. I don't have a time limit really (I know Xmas time is tight all around), it mainly depends on how much time I have to crank them out.

Doing finished builds isn't really possible for me at the moment. I'd like to do it, but I just don't have the time.Even my own builds are lagging behind because I'm so focused on prototyping new stuff all the time! (Also, with winter here, it's difficult to get things painted in a timely manner since can't do it outside. I have to go through all sorts of precautions to seal off my workshop room from the rest of the apartment and even then I can't keep all the paint fumes out... which is not appreciated by the missus or the cats!)

Also... TWELVE PRECENT? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. (Authentic laugh....)

OK maybe a tall order but what are the chances of have a lighted thigh rocket controller acting as the on and off switch and hardwired from inside the pants directly to a set of these hollowed rocket boosters for lights and sound as seen in the movie :) Would love to buy a DIY kit. Thanks.

That's actually what I was thinking of doing myself! Not really a tall order at all.

The most basic idea would be to run a wire down each pant leg and out through the boot. A standard RCA plug (or 3.5 tele) could be put in each rocket hub to connect the power. The closing circuit breaker could be in the knee remote. The hub has a fair amount of room in it, so adding a connector of some sort shouldn't be a problem.

OK maybe a tall order but what are the chances of have a lighted thigh rocket controller acting as the on and off switch and hardwired from inside the pants directly to a set of these hollowed rocket boosters for lights and sound as seen in the movie :) Would love to buy a DIY kit. Thanks.

LINK to eBay item that may be used to do the job. USB MP3 Greeting card type recorder with speaker. FYI we are using a similar one but with 5 buttons for our BTTF2 Marty McFly Jacket. Would love to brainstorm more and turn this to a reality. This will seriously make your Star lord costume unique!!

Hi Joe,

What about making attachments for it like the one in here.

Boot attachments.jpg

That will make me be VERY interested to buy a pair of them rockets. :lol

Hi Joe,

What about making attachments for it like the one in here.

That will make me be VERY interested to buy a pair of them rockets. :lol

I'm actually doing those as well, just haven't make up a set to show yet. They will come ready for mounting (no need to drill) and also have space for magnets or a metal plate on the back.

Last edited:

***bump***

I decided to include a set of boot mounting plates with the kit without additional cost. Plates will (as mentioned before) have pre-made holes for the rivets and space int he back to place magnets or a steel plate- whichever seems to work better.

Ah, Xmas break... time to fire up the printer and get some things done in the workshop.

For those on a budget, I can supply the kit without the transparent parts, taking off about $50.

Re: Star Lord BOOT ROCKETS kit THREE LEFT, revised.

I have revised the kit listing a little, as well as the total number.

You can now choose between screen-accurate (smooth) boot mounting plates or ones that have a slot-lock system. Both versions have the same overall shape and hidden spaces for magnets, but the slot-locks will give you a little extra strength in keeping them mounted. (They have been done in such a way that you slide them on at an angle from back-to-forward and the "hook" is on the back of the rocket.)

I have also decided to only offer FOUR kits like this. The large amount of parts means that they take a while to produce and I need to free up some printing time for other stuff. One kit is spoken for, so THREE remain. I have also decided to offer the kit for a little less, without the transparent parts.

Re: Star Lord accurate BOOT ROCKETS

NOW I know what you´re spending your time and money on ;)

Awesome work!!!

Markus

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back