Done / Completed GOTG: Holsters for Star Lord nerf blasters, mag mounts. **NOVA PROPS**

Daniel Nelms

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Okay everybody this is what you've all been waiting for. A set of holsters for the nerf quad blasters that works well and is durable.

holster-1.jpgholster-2.jpgholster-3.jpg

We've spent months working on these until we were satisfied with the outcome. This is the culmination of nearly 8 months of work and we're really proud of them.

For those of you who've bought some of our other props such as our rocket buttons, or our Star Lord booster rockets, it will come as no surprise that we utilized magnets in the project. These aren't your ordinary fridge magnets. These are super strong (and expensive) rare earth magnets able to hold up to 80 pounds of weight!
Our mag lock system will keep your blasters secure, while also allowing you to draw blasters with ease. These are cast in 65D, a semi-rigid urethane that is both strong and flexible.

These holsters go great with our blaster mods but work equally well with a stock nerf blaster and are simple to install.

Here's a video from IronManiac showing the holster in action:

What do I get?:

We are selling these as a kit which includes:
Two resin holsters cast in 65D. Thats left and right sided holsters for a pair of blasters, just like Peter Quill.
Eight Chicago screws for mounting the holsters to your chaps.
Four 1" magnets, two for each holster.
Two 2" super strong magnets which install in to the blasters themselves.

We will only sell these as complete sets, no single sides, no kits without magnets, etc.

*This is sold as a kit, it requires assembly, the use of a screw driver, glue, sanding and finishing.

The Price: $90.00

These are sold at our Etsy shop here

For more information see our build thread. And don't forget to check out our belt kit, The Legendary Outlaw!
If you'd like to keep up with what we're working on please Like our facebook page.

If you have any questions PM me or IronManiac or simply comment below.

Installation:

Installation is a breeze,

Step 1 - Open your nerf gun. You've probably done this before when you painted it and it's easy enough to do.

Step 2 - File down the little plastic nub in the hand guard.
step1.jpg

Step 3 - Install your long magnet in the hand guard.
step2.jpg

Step 4 - Install TWO (2) magnets in each of your holsters as shown.
install_mag_holster.jpg
mag-installed.jpg

Step 5 - Make sure the polarity of the magnets is correct by test fitting your blaster in the holster. If you install the magnets backwards in to your holster they'll pop out at this point in which case you just replace them in the correct orientation. Once they are install correctly your blaster and holster will stick. Now you can glue the magnets in to the holster so they'll stay there forever. If you want to touch it up you can add some filler such as squadron putty to fill in over the magnets before you prime/paint.

test_fit.jpg

The purchase list:

1. acathla - paid/shipped
  2. SenseiMonkeyboy - paid/shipped
  3. Darth Gius - paid - shipped
  4. Capn_Jack_Savvy - paid - shipped
  5. GCarnevale - payment pending
  6. hazardjsimpson - payment pending
  7. Max Jenius - paid - shipped
  8. 80skidAutoman - paid - shipped
  9. dstengler - paid - shipped
  10. hikz - paid - shipped
  11. TK-9336 - paid - shipped
  12. Jango Wes - paid - shipped
  13. Warrior Po8 - paid - shipped
  14. Jai - payment pending
  15. hello - paid - shipped

holster-1.jpg

holster-2.jpg

holster-3.jpg

install_mag_holster.jpg

mag-installed.jpg

step1.jpg

step2.jpg

test_fit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm curious if there is a way to incorporate them with Mr Greene's resin blasters

I'm not sure, the magnets are really strong. The large one which is placed in the blaster is rated at 80 pounds and the others are rated at 40 pounds each. So it might work, but then again it might not. :eek:

I'm not sure, the magnets are really strong. The large one which is placed in the blaster is rated at 80 pounds and the others are rated at 40 pounds each. So it might work, but then again it might not. :eek:
It's not if the magnets will hold the weight, it's more attaching the magnet to the handle since it's a solid piece of resin. You can't just stick it inside the handle like the Nerf guns. Also concerned if the post that helps support the weight would hold up.

It's not if the magnets will hold the weight, it's more attaching the magnet to the handle since it's a solid piece of resin. You can't just stick it inside the handle like the Nerf guns. Also concerned if the post that helps support the weight would hold up.

I got ya, yeah you would have to try and route it out and risk messing up your resin cast blasters. The post is pretty strong but who knows?

That being said these were designed for the nerf blasters so if you try them with something else your milage may vary. :)

I'll post some more pics tonight. The hook the blaster sits on is actually contoured to match the oblong shape of the trigger guard, it's not just sitting on the hook, it's cradled IN the hook. We spent ALOT of time getting this just right. I was really happy with how it worked wearing a holster out for a night.

NOVA PROPS take all my monies :) DAMN you guys!!! Gonna sell my extra Star Lord pieces to aid in this purchase :) More pics the merrier please. More NERF gun mods too.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back