Good compressor for apartment living?

DarthVeach

I was doing some searches tonight and the Harbor Freight airbrush and compressor combo seems to be fairly popular for the $

Airbrush Compressor with Complete Airbrush Kit

I have heard it is really good for laying down basic color, not so much for highly detailed work, but I am cool with that for now. Anyone here who owns this, do you use it regularly and like it? Will this be an OK unit for an apartment? I don't want to get **** from the neighbors for noise (not like THEY are ever considerate, but I am!) Also, is there a way to regulate the pressure on this? It says working PSI is 58, but I assume you can go 20-30 for general airbrushing? Any help is greatly appreciated since this will be my first setup!

My compressor looks exactly like that but it's a different name brand. It's very quiet though, and so far I haven't been able to change the pressure on mine.

I was doing some searches tonight and the Harbor Freight airbrush and compressor combo seems to be fairly popular for the $

Airbrush Compressor with Complete Airbrush Kit

I have heard it is really good for laying down basic color, not so much for highly detailed work, but I am cool with that for now. Anyone here who owns this, do you use it regularly and like it? Will this be an OK unit for an apartment? I don't want to get **** from the neighbors for noise (not like THEY are ever considerate, but I am!) Also, is there a way to regulate the pressure on this? It says working PSI is 58, but I assume you can go 20-30 for general airbrushing? Any help is greatly appreciated since this will be my first setup!

I think I remember Bovine13 posting about it, I think he has one.

Yessir, I have that one. I use the brush for base tones. For spots and details I use my Iwata Eclipes. The only issue I have with the unit is after long spraying it has a condensation problem, even with the water filter on it.

Good to know Bovine, I have always thought your stuff looked great! Good to know it was painted with that little setup!

Besides the moisture issue, I have also heard that the compressor will go into a shut down mode if it runs too long to prevent the motor from burning up. What is a "long time" as some of you put it? If I used it for an hour or so, does that constitute a long usage, or is it more like a 3 or 4 hour project that would cause issues?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back