Golden Time Travel Sphere from 'Dark' [First Full Print Done; UPDATED 11/AUG/2020]

First part, fresh off the printer. I'm not happy with how shallow the line work is, so im reprinting with deeper grooves.
20200804_125140.jpg

I can see you’ve printed the screw heads, which obviously is good for keeping the consistency in the paint process, just wondering if you’d considered replacing them with real brass hardware? :)

Going off of the reference images for the prop it seems to me that the main body is resin cast or cold cast, and then the dials are all machined brass, with the fuel canister tray being aluminium. A lot of work went it into! It’ll be interesting to try and match it with paint, but I’m excited to do so!

Going off of the reference images for the prop it seems to me that the main body is resin cast or cold cast, and then the dials are all machined brass, with the fuel canister tray being aluminium. A lot of work went it into! It’ll be interesting to try and match it with paint, but I’m excited to do so!
A CNC machine would be amazing for this haha.

A CNC machine would be amazing for this haha.

Haha it totally would! I mean you’ve got the files designed now, test printing to get size and details down, who knows, if there’s anyone interested here on The RPF who has access to a CNC machine for the dials that would be pretty sweet haha.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back