Gold Leader 2017 kit alert (and instructions)

Yes, starting next week, your at the end of the run so I don't think I will get to yours next week. Shipping in the order of the run.

I am headed to Jerseyfest tomorrow instead of Sat. Will be back on Sunday night and back to work on Monday. We are back in the school routine and I will be back in full swing casting.

It's going to be much easier for me to get these parts done when they are integrated into a larger casting routine. Meaning that the mold is not practical to run on its own, it's like less than 20 grams of resin. But when I am in full casting mode it will just get mixed in with whatever I am casting on a daily basis. And now that I have my days back for work I may be running 6 to 9 full pours a day, filling 3 pressure pots at a time.

And there is going to be lots to run, Cloud Car, Shuttle, Snowspeeder, new V5, 3 foot Galactica and the 1/24 TOS Raider are all back in rotation next week.

I'm not so defiant about it, but I'm interested in the shuttle and snowspeeder and already been in touch about the cloud car... I'm going to be so poor!

Finally got mine! It got stuck in customs forever and ended up paying over 200 euros of import fees. Beware if you live in Belgium, customs can be really random when buying stuff from the US or from Asia. Sometimes it will clear in just two days with none or low import fees. Other times it will take 2 weeks and you end up paying over 30% of the original cost. I only paid 50 euros for a Nice-N Bwing a couple month ago.

Anyway, I only looked at the kit very quickly and repacked it because I'm currently moving (arrived just in time!) but it looks excellent overall. The details on the main hull look so sharp! I glad I was able to grab one of these. Can't wait for the new Xwing V5 !

Last edited:
Did you order shortly after I posted? Plastruct called me because someone in the UK ordered seconds after I did with an additional order.

So not having immediate access to my kit the update parts is a bit confusing. Do all kits need the new parts or just some? Mine was delivered in early February.

So not having immediate access to my kit the update parts is a bit confusing. Do all kits need the new parts or just some? Mine was delivered in early February.

All, but it's just a few small parts. Shipped some already, another batch going out today, more early next week.

Suggestions on a mounting stand shaft for this kit? I've been slowing working away at the kit but I'm at the point I need the stand. What's the preference among the veteran builders?

Panavice bolted to the base of your choice. A mirrored base looks nice and shows of the beautiful underside of this model.

Panavice bolted to the base of your choice. A mirrored base looks nice and shows of the beautiful underside of this model.

Thanks for the advice on the base. Which Panavice product is what I'm trying to decide on. There are a bunch of different options and I'm not sure what will work best as I've never worked with Panavice products before.

Related to this... any suggestions on what to use on the 'miniature side'? I've yet to find a good source for a 1/4" female thread that's suitable for mounting inside the model.

Suggestions on a mounting stand shaft for this kit? I've been slowing working away at the kit but I'm at the point I need the stand. What's the preference among the veteran builders?

I use a camera tripod as a work stand. I can adjust it up to 4' high, and it's also great for painting. It's nice, because if I need a break from sitting and working, I can raise the model up to a very comfortable height to work on standing up.
Dont have any specific pics of the stand, but this will give you the gist of it...
I find it very handy, and it was inexpensive.

Attachments

• photo sep 19, 15 38 03.jpg
    photo sep 19, 15 38 03.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 268
  • Photo Sep 16, 10 30 18.jpg
    Photo Sep 16, 10 30 18.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 251
I use a camera tripod as a work stand. I can adjust it up to 4' high, and it's also great for painting. It's nice, because if I need a break from sitting and working, I can raise the model up to a very comfortable height to work on standing up.
Dont have any specific pics of the stand, but this will give you the gist of it...
Hey Jkirkon, looking good. I don't know if you already noticed, forgive me if you have, but the butt plate is set up for the Red Jammer Y on this kit. Meaning it sticks out further than all the others, including Tie Killer. To show you what I mean the image on the left is Red Jammer and the one on the right is the Ladd Y.
pic1466977.jpgSW_ANH-YWing9.jpg
One way to fix this is to trim off the edges on the given butt plate and make is so it can be inserted into the void like this.
20171007_084716.jpg
Again, forgive me if you already know this, but may be helpful for someone making this kit none the less.

Can we please get the SS x-wing OFF the floor?!? Jeeze! LOL

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back