Ex-Aurora Sealab kit

RealDaveWinter

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
For those wondering, I've spoken to Steve at Doll & Hobby; their "re-issue" (from new all tooling) of the Sealab kit has been pushed out until sometime in 2024. Still no word on how exact of a match it will be to the original, but I'm not sure they're including 'people using it for Millennium Falcon parts' as their primary market.

Anyway, hope that news is useful for someone.

Thank you Jason very much for lobbying for this. Fingers crossed!

I'd be happy if they took another year or more, so long as the size, thickness, draft, ejector pin marks and sink/shrink were as close as possible to the original.

The fact that it's styrene is nice. However, to have it match geometrically as close as possible is everything to our segment of the hobby.
Otherwise, castings of the originals will obviously continue to be the preferred go to for all of our builds.

Cheers!

This is great news, I was at the storage complex and noticed I have a whole box with all the kit parts or models to build a studio scale bsg been thinking on this I have so many kits in there really to much stuff and I was happy to see 3 old sea lab kits unopened I did loose about 200 or more models back in a roof collapse years ago and lost the salzo bsg smashed and they wouldn't let me get anything for a while because of insurance perp I am at a whole new storage place now. can't wait to see these kits come out I don't know how many kits are in the big box marked bsg build but a bunch its quite a big box Thanks be watching for this

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back