Godzilla vs Kong

I just want to know if the cave painting in the movie was a prophecy or just depicting an event that had happened thousands of years ago. Maybe someone has an idea here?

I just want to know if the cave painting in the movie was a prophecy or just depicting an event that had happened thousands of years ago. Maybe someone has an idea here?
From everything I've seen, & a bit of dialog in one of the trailers, there WAS a battle long ago. Basically ended with a tie where GODZILLA stayed on the surface & Kong went to the hollow earth.

The axe Kong is seen brandishing in the trailers is supposedly made from the back spines of one of GODZILLA's ancestors.

Very interesting indeed! If it's all like you said, I would love to have a prequel of Skull Island, hopefully, producers and writers have it on their table already.

I loved it!!!

It was exactly what I expected it to be, in a good way. I thought it was gorgeous, visually, and I enjoyed how they’ve actually kind of created a bit of “lore” in this universe that ties things up nicely.

I also enjoyed that it really focused on the monsters. I thought “King of The Monsters” was good, but it dabbled a bit too heavily into human elements. This doesn’t have that same aspect, and it’s a more enjoyable film because of it.

I hope we get more films featuring these two creatures. Kong definitely deserves one, and with Godzilla’s roster of enemies there’s no shortage of material to work with there.

Love it.

Also, did Godzilla get smaller? I would have sworn there was no way previous movie Godzilla would have fit on an aircraft carrier. And the opening shots of Kong walking around the island made him look the same size he was in Skull Island.

I was surprised there wasnt any hints or teases to more movies.

Love it.

Also, did Godzilla get smaller? I would have sworn there was no way previous movie Godzilla would have fit on an aircraft carrier. And the opening shots of Kong walking around the island made him look the same size he was in Skull Island.

So I actually read last night that the reason there aren’t any more hints is because the deal with TOHO expired in 2020, and hadn’t yet been renewed or reworked...so as it stands, they can’t actually have another Godzilla film.

I’m not sure if that means anything for Kong, though.

I had also seen an interview with the director that said there wasn't an after credits scene because they didn't want to back themselves into a corner as far as where the next film could go. There's probably a bit of spin in that if the rights have expired as well.

Last edited:
I found it rather... mediocre. I enjoyed the human drama interlaced into the first Godzilla movie. It felt very much like the original 1954 version to me, with strong atomic parallels. The second, much to the enthusiasm of the fans, featured much more monster action. It seemed very "Heisei Era" to me. Monster action, strong morals, strong human characterizations, no goofy, silly schlock.

GVK feels like it's a move set dead center in the peak of Showa Era Godzilla. Showa Era Godzilla was marked by characterizing Godzilla as this kid-friendly, silly, almost superhero type figure. He became a single father, formed a Kaiju Justice League, it was all very schlocky. GVK is no exception. A child is able to teach Kong sign language... secretly, Godzilla acts almost human in movements and mannerisms, and it's all tied together with rather lower quality visual effects. At least, low quality by today's standards.

This contrast is even starker by the fact that the previous two Godzilla films kept the effects very grounded. It wasn't bumbling like a man in a rubber suit, but it felt realistic. That all goes out the window with GVK. The movements are fast to the point of ridiculousness for creatures of this size, and I almost half-expected Godzilla to do that tail slide thing from Godzilla vs. Megalon. In all, I was actually kind of disappointed with this movie. It seemed like it had the potential to do something great, but took the schlock route instead.

Love it.

Let alone Godzilla and Kong fighting on an aircraft carrier. That sucker would have gone down.

Epic fight scenes.

HIGHLY recommend skipping scenes involving people. Utter trash stories and acting that just ruin what would have been an epic monster centered film. The fighting was intense and def felt reali in scale and speed.

It felt like Ryan Johnson wrote it and then passed it off to Michael Bay! The story was meh, The human acting was pretty bad. There wasn't really sense of having Madison and her dad in this one other than nostalgia from the last one. The fight scenes were awesome granted the CGI wasn't up to par with the last one in places. For a film that takes place 3 years after KOTM, humans have certainly em-massed a lot of technology and building these massive structures awful quickly. Not sure about the whole hollow earth stuff to. Took me right out of the movie. Hoping this does do well so we can get more films in this series.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back