Godzilla : Oxygen Destroyer

Th person reporting the Oxygen Destroyer replica is incorrect. The Replica retailed for $1100.00. I recently got one of these from a friend in Japan.

Oh sweet! Pictures please! Does the ball open and close? Any cool features? Is the dial in japenese?

$11,000 DID seem a bit exsesive, they must have translated it wrong or something.

Just a quick up-date on it: Getting the mesurements perfect has been a real pain, but I think I've got a handle on it now. Here's a picture of the "Mark I" version.
oxygendestroyermki.png

The Mk III is almost done (few weeks I think) and that's the "Final version" that'll be going to Shapeways for 3D printing in stainless steel.

For those of you with fish tanks....I'm making a 1/10 Scale for use in them :lol

$11,000.00 might have been YEN.

Does the original prop gauge have Japanese characters?

Anyone reminded of an ALIENS facehugger tube on its side?

Very cool, Godzilla was one of my favorite movies as a kid.

Love the prop since i was young...the original was based on an old vacuume cleaner. I too will be making one, but it will be an updated version with the same body style and digital readouts and Leds.

This is great! Always a big Godzilla fan.

Anyone else here listen to the Kaijucast? It's gotta be the best Godzilla podcast out there.

I want one of these!

Sweet build! My four-year-old son just discovered the magic of men in rubber suits stomping miniature Tokyo, so we've been going through my DVD collection. He's partial to the "good guy" Godzilla, and he's a big fan of the giant praying mantises in Son of Godzilla. I'll save the original movie for later. (It made me cry when I was a kid. They killed Godzilla!)

I would freaking love to make one of these myself, even if it can't be from the same materials that are being used, or were originally.

So, you know... If you ever feel like posting diagrams or measurements or anything that could help out a novice... :D

Greg

I've got a spare set of G's teeth (top and bottom) from vs. Biollante.
Probably my favorite thing out of the props I own.

I'll post photos soon...!

SWEET! I just watched the movie a few weeks ago. BRILLIANT! Looking forward to seeing this project move forward - I hope. :)

Last edited:
I'm interested to know what progress has been made on this as well? I wanted to pick up the Japanese model but could never locate one as so few were made.

I understand the Japanese model will be reissued with a few changes which will make it more screen accurate. They will also sell the upgrade pieces to those who've already purchased the kit.

Don't know when or where but my friend in Japan saw the original Destroyer in a Toho museum display and spoke to the curator.

~Ron

Here's a photo of the completed full sized kit. My friend in Japan told me the current version of the Oxygen Destroyer is pit of production.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back