Go-Motion ROTJ AT-ST full scratch

Re: Studio Scale ROTJ AT-ST full scratch

That kicks butt bro, superb work on all parts lol, ive got one hell of a mountain to climb :lol

lee

Many thanks Bro ! :D

Well I havent had a lot of time to work on it... I just scratchbuilt the inner 222 parts. Those parts were a ***** to do cuz there is a concave shape.
Ive started to work on the side weapons.
rotjatst69.jpg

rotjatst70.jpg

And today I got the grail ! Was a bit worried cuz the japanese guy from who Ive bought it wasnt replying to my mail to know if it was shipped or if there was any tracking number...
But finally after 8 days (which is awesome from Japan !) I got it !
The box is huge (twice the size of a 1/12 Tamita F1 car). Not so much parts into the kit... but the grail is here ! :D
rotjatst71.jpg

rotjatst72.jpg

Did Indiana Jones have any part in helping you acquire those? ;)

That is a monster kit! The blaster assemblies look great.

Haha Matt, no the old Indy was looking for crystal skull ! :lol

The blaster need to be rework a bit :(

Here some new pics :
rotjatst73.jpg

rotjatst74.jpg

rotjatst75.jpg

rotjatst76.jpg

Thanks bro. :)

Well some updates... The head is not complete (I have to add thos little square on the side panels) but Ive started the paint job (actually I tried to find the right color :p). Keep in mind I dont want to reproduce what we see on the screen but how the prop looks. Im very pleased with the result it looks really like when I saw it. Crappy paint job (actually not a good paint job for a display model, it becomes awesome once all the spots are turned on !), very dark, polished edges etc.
I took the pics of mine with the same cam and with the same settings and lightning configuration I took pics of the real prop. I think I nailed the color of it since the result looks almost identical. I just have to remove some mud I put on the top of the head, I havent had a light hand on that ^^
Well now the pics :
rotjatst77.jpg

rotjatst78.jpg

rotjatst79.jpg

rotjatst80.jpg

Awesome work Julien. That's a really close match! The prop in Brussels is definitely a more muted and darker shade of gray than the one in Sao Paulo. The Sao Paulo one I've color matched, the base coat is Pantone Cool Gray 9C or 423C, it has a bit more of a bluish tint than your version.

Speaking of which I've sent the sheet to Diego and it won't be long before he gets to the exhibit and takes our shots, I can't wait. :thumbsup

There's really a lot of difference in the face on both props, yours has longer mandibles on the front, each have their own personality.

It's been cool seeing you get this far, I hope you don't play with it too much so it lasts until your kids can see it one day :lol

Totally missed this bro, awesome, id say thats a top notch color mix TBH, and very nice weather job too!
Still cant get over how large the Laser cut parts are Julien compared to the undersized Nice N kit parts, it really shows this one to be a total pitbull lol.

lee

Hey guys,

Since I will got my alloy armature soon, today (my first day off for a while), I went back on the AT-ST. Ive just finished the left gun (actually I have 4 more parts to glue on it :p).

rotjatst95.jpg

rotjatst96.jpg

rotjatst97.jpg

rotjatst98.jpg

rotjatst99.jpg

The gun assembly has just the base coat, no weathering since I have to add those 4 parts.

That is one of the most amazing builds I have ever seen. So clean!!!

Many thanks guys :)

Waiting for my alloy armature, Ive just got the time to finish and put the base coat on the weapons (I have some more details to add on them though) before I go in vacations for a week (finally ;)) :

rotjatst100.jpg

rotjatst101.jpg

rotjatst102.jpg

rotjatst103.jpg

rotjatst104.jpg

Many thanks guys :)

Some new pics, I finally finished the back of the head. The head is 99% finished, I just have to place all the hoses on the underside of the head (Ive started though).

rotjatst111.jpg

rotjatst112.jpg

rotjatst113.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back