Glass Ray Guns?? Please post some pics

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by jhusel, May 11, 2006.

1. jhusel

jhusel Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I have been looking for a cool Glass ray gun. Feel free to post pics of any ray gun, but I'd love to see some cool glass ones.

Jhusel

2. OB10

OB10 Sr Member

Well, they weren't glass (they were clear acrylic), but Isher Artifacts/Weaponshops of Isher made some kinda cool looking ray guns back in the day. They may even still be around. Too tired to do a search now.... :sleep

Obi-Bob

3. Jedi Lawja

Jedi Lawja Well-Known Member

I've approached a couple of glass blowers about making me a small 'ray gun', (either of their own design or a simple design I draw, mostly class globes, sort of reminiscent of the 'purse pistol' in 'Mars attacks'. One told me it'd take more time than it'd be worth (I don't think he got the concept) the second thought it neat and do-able, but nothing ever came of it. I'd definately be interested if someone with glassblowing skills likes the idea. :)

Isher was around a year or so ago. Google 'em, I'm sure they're there.

Jay

4. phase pistol

phase pistol Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

GLASS rayguns. :eek

Sounds kinda fragile. You could be disarmed by random loud noises. :lol

Isher Artifacts... they do some good stuff. They are still around, or were a year or so ago. Got this piece from 'em. B)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is nothing like the classics of American Ray Gun design tho. :thumbsup

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fifties, baby. :love

[​IMG]

Oh and there seems to be some confusion as to which show this one is from. :lol

[​IMG]

:D

- K

5. DarthBish

DarthBish Well-Known Member

Where's a Uridium P36 Explosive Space Modulator??

I WANNNNNNNT A SPACE MODULATORRRRRRR....;)

6. SmilingOtter

SmilingOtter Master Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phase pistol @ May 12 2006, 02:53 AM) [snapback]1242995[/snapback]</div>
    And brother, when it disintegrates, IT DISINTIGRATES.

Cool pics, btw.

7. Krel

Krel Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phase pistol @ May 12 2006, 01:53 AM) [snapback]1242995[/snapback]</div>
    Used as a Focusing Disintegrator in "Teenagers From Outerspace". http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053337/ It left a lot of skeletons lying around. :lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phase pistol @ May 12 2006, 01:53 AM) [snapback]1242995[/snapback]</div>

8. wuher da brewer

wuher da brewer Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I had a neighbor that used to make glass rayguns. They were neat but not quite to my liking, as they were a bit kiddy like. She had one called Ronnie Raygun that had Reagan's head as the muzzle. She had another one that looked like a circus clown.

9. exoray

exoray Master Member

Would you care to share a pic?

You might find this attitude with a lot of glass blowers because there are items that you can knock off one after another and turn a big profit, custom work is generally MUCH lower profit...

Well no promises but I do have free and open access to a full glass blowing shop complete with a huge glass blowing lathe, torches in all sizes and glass in more colors and sizes then I could post about... :) So no promises but I might be able to get one of your designs worked up by one of the glass blowers or even walked through doing it myself or at least attempting it to some degree... And it would probably be reasonable or at least not god awfull expensive...

This topic immediatley caught my attention as I really want to play around in the shop on the prop theme but couldn't think of many props that I could do...

Honestly you might be totally amazed at how tuff kiln tempered Pyrex is... I have taken blown glass items and tossed them across the room without damage, of course this is design dependent... Ceramic tile and porcelain are about he only thing that will cause almost certain breakage from what I have experienced...

10. phase pistol

Here's what the Mars Attacks "purse pistol" looks like. It folds in half. It's usually called the "Spy Girl Pistol".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- k

11. gnrlotto

gnrlotto Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(DarthBish @ May 12 2006, 04:00 AM) [snapback]1243030[/snapback]</div>
    Then you need a stick of dynamite.

12. phase pistol

Where's the "KABOOM."?

There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering "KABOOM."

:(

13. Kylash

Kylash Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I know nthis is an old thread, but check otu what i got at walmart for 2 bucks...

vases you say?
    [​IMG]

RAYGUN says I.
    [​IMG]

And the beginnings of a separate raygun with pulsating LED lights.
    The MillerCo Desintron J-83.
    [​IMG]

14. dropshipbob

dropshipbob Sr Member

Dude....that looks like a bong, Bongpistol 5000. :lol

15. temponaut

temponaut Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

"This is a phased energy pistol with a self-regulating neutron inverter, automatic frequency modulation, micro-linear accelerator, and atomic power module."

"What's that hole on the end?"

"Uhh... you put yer weeed in there."

:p

16. Kylash

Kylash Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

LOL, i woldnt know, probably why the thought never entered my mind :p