Glass Ray Guns?? Please post some pics

jhusel

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have been looking for a cool Glass ray gun. Feel free to post pics of any ray gun, but I'd love to see some cool glass ones.

Jhusel

Well, they weren't glass (they were clear acrylic), but Isher Artifacts/Weaponshops of Isher made some kinda cool looking ray guns back in the day. They may even still be around. Too tired to do a search now.... :sleep

Obi-Bob

I've approached a couple of glass blowers about making me a small 'ray gun', (either of their own design or a simple design I draw, mostly class globes, sort of reminiscent of the 'purse pistol' in 'Mars attacks'. One told me it'd take more time than it'd be worth (I don't think he got the concept) the second thought it neat and do-able, but nothing ever came of it. I'd definately be interested if someone with glassblowing skills likes the idea. :)

Isher was around a year or so ago. Google 'em, I'm sure they're there.

Jay

GLASS rayguns. :eek

Sounds kinda fragile. You could be disarmed by random loud noises. :lol

Isher Artifacts... they do some good stuff. They are still around, or were a year or so ago. Got this piece from 'em. B)

kt-isher-leftside.jpg

kt-isher-fire.jpg

There is nothing like the classics of American Ray Gun design tho. :thumbsup

kt-XZ38-XZ35-leftsides.jpg

kt-F703-capgun-left.jpg

Fifties, baby. :love

kt-hubleyatomic-leftside2.jpg

Oh and there seems to be some confusion as to which show this one is from. :lol

kt-remco-left.jpg

:D

- K

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phase pistol @ May 12 2006, 02:53 AM) [snapback]1242995[/snapback]</div>
Sounds kinda fragile. You could be disarmed by random loud noises. :lol
[/b]

And brother, when it disintegrates, IT DISINTIGRATES.

Cool pics, btw.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phase pistol @ May 12 2006, 01:53 AM) [snapback]1242995[/snapback]</div>
Fifties, baby. :love

kt-hubleyatomic-leftside2.jpg

[/b]

Used as a Focusing Disintegrator in "Teenagers From Outerspace". http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053337/ It left a lot of skeletons lying around. :lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phase pistol @ May 12 2006, 01:53 AM) [snapback]1242995[/snapback]</div>
Oh and there seems to be some confusion as to which show this one is from. :lol

kt-remco-left.jpg

"Lost In Space", season one. :p

That is the Remco Grenade Pistol, it was in three toy lines that I know of. In green with black grips and muzzle as the Monkey Division, Okiniwa Grenade pistol, I believe that this was the version used for LIS, as they also used the toy's holster in a couple of episodes. In chrome with black grips, and muzzle, as the Hamilton's Invaders Grenade Pistol. I had this one, and it was used as the laser pistols in "Cyborg 2087", which also used the Multi-Pistol 09 as a stun gun. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060272/ And in metalic blue in black as a "Star Trek" toy. Mine was blue with black grips and muzzle.

Great thread.

David.

:D

- K
[/b]

I had a neighbor that used to make glass rayguns. They were neat but not quite to my liking, as they were a bit kiddy like. She had one called Ronnie Raygun that had Reagan's head as the muzzle. She had another one that looked like a circus clown.

I've approached a couple of glass blowers about making me a small 'ray gun', (either of their own design or a simple design I draw, mostly class globes, sort of reminiscent of the 'purse pistol' in 'Mars attacks'.[/b]

Would you care to share a pic?

One told me it'd take more time than it'd be worth (I don't think he got the concept)[/b]

You might find this attitude with a lot of glass blowers because there are items that you can knock off one after another and turn a big profit, custom work is generally MUCH lower profit...

I'd definately be interested if someone with glassblowing skills likes the idea.[/b]

Well no promises but I do have free and open access to a full glass blowing shop complete with a huge glass blowing lathe, torches in all sizes and glass in more colors and sizes then I could post about... :) So no promises but I might be able to get one of your designs worked up by one of the glass blowers or even walked through doing it myself or at least attempting it to some degree... And it would probably be reasonable or at least not god awfull expensive...

This topic immediatley caught my attention as I really want to play around in the shop on the prop theme but couldn't think of many props that I could do...

[/b]

Honestly you might be totally amazed at how tuff kiln tempered Pyrex is... I have taken blown glass items and tossed them across the room without damage, of course this is design dependent... Ceramic tile and porcelain are about he only thing that will cause almost certain breakage from what I have experienced...

Here's what the Mars Attacks "purse pistol" looks like. It folds in half. It's usually called the "Spy Girl Pistol".

MA-spygirlgun-open.jpg

MA-spygun01.jpg

MA-spygun02.jpg

MA-spygun03.jpg

- k

<div class='quotetop'>(DarthBish @ May 12 2006, 04:00 AM) [snapback]1243030[/snapback]</div>
Where's a Uridium P36 Explosive Space Modulator??

I WANNNNNNNT A SPACE MODULATORRRRRRR....;)
[/b]

Then you need a stick of dynamite.

I know nthis is an old thread, but check otu what i got at walmart for 2 bucks...

vases you say?
vases.jpg

RAYGUN says I.
vases2.jpg

And the beginnings of a separate raygun with pulsating LED lights.
The MillerCo Desintron J-83.
desintron1.jpg

"This is a phased energy pistol with a self-regulating neutron inverter, automatic frequency modulation, micro-linear accelerator, and atomic power module."

"What's that hole on the end?"

"Uhh... you put yer weeed in there."

:p

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back