Gladiator 2 in works by Ridley Scott

The sequel will be linked to Prometheus by revealing the Roman gods to actually be “The Creepy Humanity-Loathing Albino Engineers”.

Maximus will fight the engineers, and “The All-Powerful Ex-Machina Black Goo”, in the afterlife of Elysium.

The movie tag-line will be “Are you not entertained...again??

So epic...stroking wheat, smelling the dirt, and slaughtering xenomorphs...

...so epic, indeed.

Last edited:
Because there were lots of characters in the film whose story continued and audiences want to know what happened to them. :-\

Spoiler alert:
Rome is already in decline by this point, and the Empire will break up in only a couple hundred more years. Things go badly for a lot of those characters and their descendants.

I heard loads of rumours about this a few years ago. The idea was Maximus would time jump between wars (like Quantum Leap I guess) and lead the charge's in WW1, WW2, Vietnam and a few others.

Like many have said, leave it alone. You cannot improve perfection. (I'm just going to ignore the guy wearing the jeans after the first battle and the gas cylinders in the chariot o_O)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back