GK Scope rings....how 'bout these?

Timmythekid

Sr Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no dedicated GK thread like there is for the hero ANH DL44....maybe should be...

Anyhoooo....I've been trying to figure out what rings are on the GK screen-used version. I've heard "tip-off", "foot-ball", and a couple of others. They're all pretty different though and I'm feeling a bit lost. Any opinions on this style (I understand there's some debate about what height the rings are - medium or high, but what about the style?)

gk_possible1.jpg

gk_possible2.jpg

Cheers!

There are two different styles of scope ring associated with the "Greedo Killer" Blaster and the set you have looks like the ones you see on screen. The other "football" style you mention are seen only in publicity photos but are a popular option since they are very clearly identifiable.

The way the rings are arranged with the scope differs between sets as well.

I have a set of both styles for whenever I get around to finishing mine lol.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks, guys. Yeah, dcarty, I knew there had been some 'special editioning' so to speak post filming and that the football rings were wrong for screen-used. The references to 'tip-off' style was baffling me as those don't look like either the SU or promo rings as far as I could tell.
AHA!! So that's what was bugging me about them - something about the chunk of metal under the ring was nagging me. It's skinnier than it should be! Thanks, LB!

I searched and found some pics from my "rings for sale" thread in my photobucket.

low base

Weaveraccurate2.jpg

mid base

Weaverslighthigh2.jpg

wrong knob

Weaverrings1.jpg

correct knob

Weaveraccurate1.jpg

I hope that will help you. :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back