Gilligan's Island Radio

Jintosh

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
ant.jpg

I just saw this revived thread, the bell shape and thicker antenna shaft looks more like a CAR antenna to me. (quick google images search turned up this one)

JoeG

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is a screenshot from an episode later in the run of the series. Looks like a slightly different antenna than the one in the b&w pic above.

Gilligans-Island-Radio.jpg

CessnaDriver

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Was watching an episode and Gilligan had an earphone plugged into the left side where they must have installed a jack. You don't see a jack otherwise on most shots. I wonder how many radios they used?

JoeG

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Re: Gilligan's Island Radio

Not interested in this prop myself.

But forget what I wrote...it´s a FAKE/ REPLICA PB radio, not the real deal I saw the auction of. Sorry

And if those cardboard fakes weren't bad enough, there is now an eBay seller selling (inaccurate) antennas and $2 drawer handles for $25 each. It amazes me the lengths some people will go to scam others out of a couple of bucks.

PropReplicator2

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm gonna do a necro post here.. anyone ever find any more info on the antenna? Just pulled my radio out of storage a few days ago and neither dad nor I ever did found the right antenna. . i still look on evilbay from time-to-time

Riceball

Master Member
Could the antenna possibly be from an old walkie talkie, either real professional grade or toy?

With this radio being as rare and expensive as seems to be, I'm surprised that no one has tried making at least a shell that's 3D printed/printable.

Valor

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Could the antenna possibly be from an old walkie talkie, either real professional grade or toy?

With this radio being as rare and expensive as seems to be, I'm surprised that no one has tried making at least a shell that's 3D printed/printable.
Funny you should mention that :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 11.58.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 11.58.44 PM.png
    812.4 KB · Views: 74

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.