Gilligan's Island Radio

ant.jpg

I just saw this revived thread, the bell shape and thicker antenna shaft looks more like a CAR antenna to me. (quick google images search turned up this one)

This is a screenshot from an episode later in the run of the series. Looks like a slightly different antenna than the one in the b&w pic above.

Gilligans-Island-Radio.jpg

Was watching an episode and Gilligan had an earphone plugged into the left side where they must have installed a jack. You don't see a jack otherwise on most shots. I wonder how many radios they used?

Re: Gilligan's Island Radio

Not interested in this prop myself.

But forget what I wrote...it´s a FAKE/ REPLICA PB radio, not the real deal I saw the auction of. Sorry

And if those cardboard fakes weren't bad enough, there is now an eBay seller selling (inaccurate) antennas and $2 drawer handles for $25 each. It amazes me the lengths some people will go to scam others out of a couple of bucks.

I'm gonna do a necro post here.. anyone ever find any more info on the antenna? Just pulled my radio out of storage a few days ago and neither dad nor I ever did found the right antenna. . i still look on evilbay from time-to-time

Could the antenna possibly be from an old walkie talkie, either real professional grade or toy?

With this radio being as rare and expensive as seems to be, I'm surprised that no one has tried making at least a shell that's 3D printed/printable.

Could the antenna possibly be from an old walkie talkie, either real professional grade or toy?

With this radio being as rare and expensive as seems to be, I'm surprised that no one has tried making at least a shell that's 3D printed/printable.
Funny you should mention that :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 11.58.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 11.58.44 PM.png
    812.4 KB · Views: 196
Has anyone figured out what the one on the right was?

View attachment 1652263
rad A-gigapixel-low_res-scale-4_00x.jpg

It has a mic attached, so it is a CB radio. Hard to tell what model without seeing the front or back face of it better.
I got a quick pic off of eBay. Not the one, but shows size and knobs/ etc.

The third pic is of a different Mobile CB radio, and you can see the large block thingy and the GI one has TWO large block thingies. :p

I blew up the GI CB. <boom> jk Better rez to see the details.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 44
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    297 KB · Views: 40
  • hj.png
    hj.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
From what I remember of the 60’s-80’s, all radios, some TVs, walkie talkies, stereos, … had antennas built into them. They had to to get reception. Or they had screws on back to add rabbit ears.

From what I remember of the 60’s-80’s, all radios, some TVs, walkie talkies, stereos, … had antennas built into them. They had to to get reception. Or they had screws on back to add rabbit ears.

This is the back of the CB radio from eBay in my other pictures. Yes, it has a place for an antenna. But on their boat, the Minnow, the storm probably removed their permanently mounted antenna. Without an antenna, the range of the CB would be super short.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 29

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back