Limited Run Ghostbusters Jumpsuit (7 versions!) by Magnoli Clothiers

I received my GB1 jumpsuit and it is wonderful. I do have one question because the yellow catheter tube seems to be smaller than the hole in the rubber leg hose attachment. I assumed it would be a snug fit that would only need a small black cable tie but it seems like something else is needed. Does anyone have any advice? I purchased the tube from a gbfans.com, which seems to have accurate items so I had assumed the size of the tube was correct. Maybe I need a larger tube or there is an attachment for the one I have?

Attachments

• tempImagekXMND4.png
    tempImagekXMND4.png
    8.2 MB · Views: 78
I just received my suit recently, too, and the opening is too big for the gbfans hose on mine as well. I was going to try to rig up a barb or something.

The yellow tube (from gbfans) is 1/2" in diameter but the hole in the leg hose attachment on the jumpsuit is 5/8". I don't think a cable tie will work to hold it. I'm looking for another solve.

Suit arrived. I'm pleased with the overall look, feel and fit except for the crotch area. I think its just to low.

If you were to measure from base of neck down its just too long -or- leg inseam is too short. Hope that makes sense. Will have to take it to an alterations place to see how to get a better fitting.

Just to point out - The actual flightsuits in the movie were a lot baggier in the crotch than any commercial flightsuit. If you watch the jail scene, you'll see that Ray's suit is a lot baggier in the crotch, where when it's unzipped you can see the full crotch of his pants. My G&B suit and any nomex suit, the zip usually goes down to just above the crotch line....I actually requested extra length in the crotch to make the suit a bit more accurate to this scene.

The yellow tube (from gbfans) is 1/2" in diameter but the hole in the leg hose attachment on the jumpsuit is 5/8". I don't think a cable tie will work to hold it. I'm looking for another solve.
For a quick solution, I ended up wrapping the end of my hose with duct tape. I have a con next week, I'll see if it holds up walking the floor.

Is there a delay in production right now?

Comms back from Joachim are a bit tricky right now and I have to chase for replies only to be told the inbox is overflowing and they can’t keep up.

My suit was bought in January and the website quoted me 6 months (I screenshotted). That’s a long time, but I did it. It’s now approaching mid August and no suit, nor any confirmation it’s made.

Joachim assured me when I checked earlier in the year I was on July priority list, but now isn’t sure what’s happening.

Can you find out please Indy Magnoli so I can stop chasing it my end?

Thank you

I'll send you a PM so I can get your order details and chase this up on our end. Joachim has only just come back to work (his first baby just born!) and we're doing our best to get caught up.

My suit arrived today, 7 months later and this is my feedback.

So some comparisons for a Magnoli against the screen used Stantz suit.

For reference. The patch overlaid is not sewn on, but it’s the Todd Cook new legacy style patch laid on at an angle 2 rip stop lines higher on the left than the right (the same as the screen suit).

Observations in general are ..

1) The seam is in the wrong place on the shoulder, on the screen suit it’s all the way over to the left, on mine it’s half way along the shoulder piece.

2) The zip tag is too long. It should be a name patch and a half high. Mines probably 2 name patches high.

3) The pocket angle is too steep on the chest. The screen used patch is 10 ripstop lines up from the pocket bottom on the right and 20 on the left. Impossible on Magnolis due to the angle, so mines 14 up on the right and 25 on the left.

4) The stitching style on the zip isn’t the same as the screen used suit, and the zip isn’t the same style. I appreciate the zip may be vintage, but given how many of these have sold now, Magnoli could have commisioned a custom zip for the suit with the right pattern to make it ‘accurate’.

These are quick observations from a 15 minute look at the suit.

Mine has staining to the crotch (brand new arrived today), and the leg hose connector looks like a dog chewed it in the garden.

So for a $250 suit that’s the most accurate ever made, it’s pretty poor. I’ve messaged Indy via here to discuss the stain, and the leg hose connector. Hopefully I get a quick response as the email replies are almost non existent.

But the suit variations are not great.

3FCE0DAE-A6A6-46F3-9C24-C0E8D532FE8B.jpeg

E893F797-4792-4B98-8457-FFD7C8CE0354.jpeg

C4EC2F69-3C13-4721-A361-EB8F2E0CA726.jpeg

FB39192A-E554-418D-A73A-E44306063E2C.jpeg

F17F43FE-8586-4F22-8D58-89C289180058.jpeg

16B0847E-F729-4F69-9FE5-A1F75278E0BA.jpeg

7CC19D5E-7D39-4E29-A194-CA7C05F8908F.jpeg

It should be a 1/2" tube and hole, I believe. Can you double check and let us know? Thanks.

0D36155E-6C84-4FE8-8967-4928C7AB2A4A.jpeg

1605BC7C-D65C-48D8-B332-343526BDDBAC.jpeg

Here’s the problem. GBfans tube is half an inch - but Magnoli hole is a 16th of an inch smaller - 7/16s wide in the smaller circle hole inside the connector

If you haven't seen our Instagram or Facebook posts today... we're looking into adding a RGB inspired jumpsuit to our line up:

PT37hdmh.jpg

These would be made from the same rip-stop cotton as our GB1 suit, but custom dyed for each character. The collar would be slightly less rounded and we'll change out the zippered leg bottoms for a velcro strap to match the sleeve cuffs. We'll also remove the internal stormflap behind the main zipper as we have on our Paranormal Jacket.

The name patch and leg hose connector would not be included as standard, but could be added by request.

We've received a huge amount of positive response on this, so I think we will proceed with some prototyping. We may also add a Janine coloring... possibly even Louis in the future.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Sigh. I am yet another customer who ordered from Magnoli and received what I would consider to be, an awful service.

I should learn my lesson really, as a BTTF Marty Mcfly cap I bought from them was awful, as was an Indiana Jones Whip (both covered in glue marks, or inferior quality to as described), but this time I decided to buy the long awaited ‘Paranormal Jumpsuit’ because they were marketed as the most accurate there ever was.

When they announced these in Feb 2020, there was a host of issues. People weren’t receiving them until 2021 after long delays and many were arriving sewn inside out with the pattern the wrong side, stains all over the suits, black dye marks, wrong sizes, generally a mess. Lots of feedback on Facebook groups and this RPF thread and some humility from Indy and Magnoli who fixed a portion of it.

Later 2021 I ordered a suit which I later cancelled as they were still making so many mistakes, a chap I know ended up with 4 suits so many were wrong or damaged.

In January 2022 I decided to try one more time, I was quoted 5-6 months and after a bit of chasing to ignored emails (customer services is terrible), I got my suit in the second week of August 2022.

Upon opening it there were issues with mine.

Mine has staining to the crotch (brand new arrived at 11:49, opened and photos at 11:51 with stains on the suit), and the leg hose connector looks like a dog chewed it in the garden. There’s also a number of stitching errors, which for a cheap suit you’d live with, yet on a $250 custom suit that’s meant to be the best thing since sliced bread …

1) The seam is in the wrong place on the shoulder, on the screen suit it’s all the way over to the left, on mine it’s half way along the shoulder piece.

2) The zip tag is too long. It should be a name patch and a half high. Mines probably 2 name patches high.

3) The pocket angle is too steep on the chest. The screen used patch is 10 ripstop lines up from the pocket bottom on the right and 20 on the left. Impossible on Magnoli’s due to the angle, so mines 14 up on the right and 25 on the left.

4) The stitching style on the zip isn’t the same as the screen used suit, and the zip isn’t the same style. I appreciate the zip may be vintage, but given how many of these have sold now, Magnoli could have commissioned a custom zip for the suit with the right pattern to make it ‘accurate’.

I messaged Indy the owner to discuss the issues. I did email customer services too but surprise surprise no reply.

Indy’s first reply was to tell me he was busy and would reply when he had time. And then a day and a half later to tell me the suit was fine when it shipped and the variations are normal.

For clarity, the suit arrived at 11:49 on Wednesday, my CCTV shows the time the drivers at the door, as does the tracking. The photo showing the damage was taken at 11:51, I opened the package instantly. Yet Indy claims it was fine when it shipped. The packaging was undamaged; yet somehow he thinks in 120 seconds, I’ve opened it, stained the crotch, dried it and taken photos. The staining is identical to that of others that have had issues too, so it seems I’m not alone. No matter how many times I’ve insisted and shown him time stamps of photos, he insists it was not there on shipping (no idea how he knows this as he refused to send me pre shipment photos and they ship from Pakistan where they are made, Magnoli outsource the work, its not done ‘in house’).

Indy said he would send me a new hose connector once they have been redesigned and made, no idea how long that would take.

He also says the variations to stitching are normal and vary depending on suit size. Again untrue, some of the seams are in the wrong place. It’s badly made. He has this made at a factory in Pakistan (like most of his stuff) and he’s in New Zealand. So there is zero quality control going on, evident from how many issues there are. In a much later message he also says the suit is from the ‘’White Label line, which is a streamlined service which helps to keep costs lower than our other custom items’’. So in essence because he thinks it’s a cheaper item ($250), it’s okay that its poor quality?

After more than a week of messaging back and forth, what felt like begging on my part I have 2 options

1. Send the suit back for a refund (this was at my expense for shipping, but after making such a fuss for a week he’s finally agreed to contribute towards the return postage now), and then have no suit whatsoever. Absolutely no offer of a replacement if I send the suit back, just order again, hope for the best and wait another 8 months.

2. Keep the suit and accept its stained and the stitching ‘variations’ as he calls them. Zero offer to keep the suit and get a partial refund to account for the damage.
Overall the customer service has just been atrocious at best. I’ve seen customers galore say how terrible their products are yet a select few still treat him like a god in the prop world.

The suit is average at best. The material is fantastic. But the stains are awful, and the ‘variations’ as they are being called are poor. I’d expect it from a cheap costume suit, not a bespoke Suit that’s billed as being top of the line in terms of accuracy.

Magnoli REALLY need to work on customer service and quality control, if anybody has one on order; good luck; you’ll need it! - Will I buy from Magnoli again? - No.

I ordered all 3 versions a month ago. I'm either going to receive 3 incredibly accurate versions or a big headache. With that said if anyone who has a stained Uniform wants to PM me for a size comparison I'd completely consider purchasing your uniform for myself.

Last edited:
I could see how the stain could be a bummer for some (though I expect many will be weathering theirs) but honestly, if he agreed to cover return shipping, I'm not sure what more could be expected than that?

I'll be honest, all the other concerns, to me, are well within the margin of what I would expect for a suit that only costs $250. If you listed off the level of precision requested by many of the responses here, and asked me how much I would expect to pay for a jumpsuit that conformed to such demands, I can't fathom it being less that $600. (I am honestly shocked Indy hasn't just given up on Ghostbusters entirely based on how folks have been responding.)

For me, it gets down to this: where else can I get a ripstop suit? I certainly can't find any alternatives, and if I could, there's no universe it would be competitive with this price point. (Some folks have attempted to point me to a promised future offering from a rando post on facebook but ... let's wait to compare when that vaporware actually exists.)

Sigh. I am yet another customer who ordered from Magnoli and received what I would consider to be, an awful service.

I should learn my lesson really, as a BTTF Marty Mcfly cap I bought from them was awful, as was an Indiana Jones Whip (both covered in glue marks, or inferior quality to as described), but this time I decided to buy the long awaited ‘Paranormal Jumpsuit’ because they were marketed as the most accurate there ever was.

When they announced these in Feb 2020, there was a host of issues. People weren’t receiving them until 2021 after long delays and many were arriving sewn inside out with the pattern the wrong side, stains all over the suits, black dye marks, wrong sizes, generally a mess. Lots of feedback on Facebook groups and this RPF thread and some humility from Indy and Magnoli who fixed a portion of it.

Later 2021 I ordered a suit which I later cancelled as they were still making so many mistakes, a chap I know ended up with 4 suits so many were wrong or damaged.

In January 2022 I decided to try one more time, I was quoted 5-6 months and after a bit of chasing to ignored emails (customer services is terrible), I got my suit in the second week of August 2022.

Upon opening it there were issues with mine.

Mine has staining to the crotch (brand new arrived at 11:49, opened and photos at 11:51 with stains on the suit), and the leg hose connector looks like a dog chewed it in the garden. There’s also a number of stitching errors, which for a cheap suit you’d live with, yet on a $250 custom suit that’s meant to be the best thing since sliced bread …

3) The pocket angle is too steep on the chest. The screen used patch is 10 ripstop lines up from the pocket bottom on the right and 20 on the left. Impossible on Magnoli’s due to the angle, so mines 14 up on the right and 25 on the left.

4) The stitching style on the zip isn’t the same as the screen used suit, and the zip isn’t the same style. I appreciate the zip may be vintage, but given how many of these have sold now, Magnoli could have commissioned a custom zip for the suit with the right pattern to make it ‘accurate’.

I messaged Indy the owner to discuss the issues. I did email customer services too but surprise surprise no reply.

Indy’s first reply was to tell me he was busy and would reply when he had time. And then a day and a half later to tell me the suit was fine when it shipped and the variations are normal.

For clarity, the suit arrived at 11:49 on Wednesday, my CCTV shows the time the drivers at the door, as does the tracking. The photo showing the damage was taken at 11:51, I opened the package instantly. Yet Indy claims it was fine when it shipped. The packaging was undamaged; yet somehow he thinks in 120 seconds, I’ve opened it, stained the crotch, dried it and taken photos. The staining is identical to that of others that have had issues too, so it seems I’m not alone. No matter how many times I’ve insisted and shown him time stamps of photos, he insists it was not there on shipping (no idea how he knows this as he refused to send me pre shipment photos and they ship from Pakistan where they are made, Magnoli outsource the work, its not done ‘in house’).

Indy said he would send me a new hose connector once they have been redesigned and made, no idea how long that would take.

He also says the variations to stitching are normal and vary depending on suit size. Again untrue, some of the seams are in the wrong place. It’s badly made. He has this made at a factory in Pakistan (like most of his stuff) and he’s in New Zealand. So there is zero quality control going on, evident from how many issues there are. In a much later message he also says the suit is from the ‘’White Label line, which is a streamlined service which helps to keep costs lower than our other custom items’’. So in essence because he thinks it’s a cheaper item ($250), it’s okay that its poor quality?

After more than a week of messaging back and forth, what felt like begging on my part I have 2 options

1. Send the suit back for a refund (this was at my expense for shipping, but after making such a fuss for a week he’s finally agreed to contribute towards the return postage now), and then have no suit whatsoever. Absolutely no offer of a replacement if I send the suit back, just order again, hope for the best and wait another 8 months.

2. Keep the suit and accept its stained and the stitching ‘variations’ as he calls them. Zero offer to keep the suit and get a partial refund to account for the damage.
Overall the customer service has just been atrocious at best. I’ve seen customers galore say how terrible their products are yet a select few still treat him like a god in the prop world.

The suit is average at best. The material is fantastic. But the stains are awful, and the ‘variations’ as they are being called are poor. I’d expect it from a cheap costume suit, not a bespoke Suit that’s billed as being top of the line in terms of accuracy.

Magnoli REALLY need to work on customer service and quality control, if anybody has one on order; good luck; you’ll need it! - Will I buy from Magnoli again? - No.
PM me pics and your sizes I'll buy it from you

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back