Ghostbusters Back in Theatres in October!

it's not a huge, all-out sony rerelease. a small scottish distributor is making new digital prints available to theaters interested in screening in october. there is no word if the screenings will be 2K/4K or blu-ray.

if it were re-released by Lucas,he would F*&%^#!?*^!@#$^ER it up with a bunch of added in CG and lost scenes re-finished in CG and a bunch of added in dialog that would'nt make a hole lot of sense.Hopefully it will come here,I'd love to see Ghostbusters again on the big screen.

I've been googling for a bit and can't find a listing of theaters, anyone else find anything??

I have a sinking feeling this is US only :(

But why such a cloak and dagger routine? Why not just say 'yep it will be out in x country at this time'...

Why does everything have to be a massive mystery??

weequay

Here's some more info just posted yesterday:

‘Ghostbusters’ Returns to Theaters For Three Nights in October | /Film

Sony says, “Ghostbusters will show in approximately 500 theatres across the US on October 13th, 20th, and 27th, one showtime each day, in 2K digital with 5.1 surround sound. Please check local listings for showtimes. Ghostbusters will also be showing in select theatres in Canada and in various international markets; for more information on international locations and dates, please visit ParkCircus.com.”

As for the cloak and dagger, at the time the legal details probably hadn't been worked out yet.

Google your city and Ghostbusters showings. Hopefully something should come up nearby.

Here in Toledo, Its this Thursday, the 13th at 7 pm. Now just have to figure if I want to really show up in the GB gear for the film. :)

It's basically for only the top 500 grossing movies in the country. So, if you live in a smaller city, tough luck. My theater got cancelled on. :(

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back