Ghostbusters: Afterlife

I had the toy Ecto when I was little. For some reason I am thinking it had a gunner seat on it. Or did the cartoon version have one? I will activate the Google machine.

The only ecto toy I know of had the grabber claw on a string that came out the back door, but no gunners door.

I had the toy Ecto when I was little. For some reason I am thinking it had a gunner seat on it. Or did the cartoon version have one? I will activate the Google machine.

Yeah the original Kenner toy had a seat that could go on the roof or in the back with guns on it. This is almost like a combo of that and the original Turtle Van toy too. I'm expecting the new Hasbro Ecto toy this coming spring to have "SUPER ACTION SEAT ACTION!"

Regarding the potential for a different tone than the original two... Let's be fair, no successful movie series has ever had a more serious sequel successfully follow on to a more lighthearted original. *moves to keep The Empire Strikes Back behind me where no one can see it*

One of the first things I thought after seeing the Ecto-1 out here where Egon had set up was "I wonder if Ray's got the 1A..."

Just watched. Caught me off guard how serious and dramatic the vibe is.
Jeez. Maybe they thought they could never be as funny as the original so don't try?
I mean it's cool to see respect for the past but man, Ghostbusters was fun because it was so damn brilliantly funny
and original. I wasn't afraid of no ghosts. LOL

My wife thinks this is made for the Stranger Things crowd.
I think it will be serious and spooky and fun.... then Bill Murray shows up and we will get the dead pan humor..... look, stairs! where do they go? .... Up! :D your wife is right. pretty sure they saw a lot in Stranger Things and that may have influenced the direction. I'm good with that being a Stranger Things fan. heck, they even have one of the kids from the series in it. (Finn Wolfhard) I'm liking the adventurous vibe to it already. if we found the Ecto One we would be doing the same things! lol!

"hey remember that one summer we died under a table?" is a great line and great line read... and Rudd is in it... Rudd playing it serious dramatic in Ghostbusters?

I'm honestly shocked how well this teaser plays. I had NO INTEREST AT ALL...

Well a little when I heard it was Jason Reitman... but other than that, I fully didn't care... especially if they tried to fix things by making "Old Men Ghostbusters"

"Ghostbusters: One Foot in the Grave"

One last bust, before they all 'dust to dust'

I don't wanna see anymore grandparents with guns in summer action flicks.

Regarding the Gunner seat, I've been looking at a lot of the toys & models from the original 2 films, & on most, that back passenger side seat has always been facing backward. Makes me think it was maybe an unused idea or just something from the original design that the AFTERLIFE team decided to utilize.

I like it because it impies Egon was still tinkering around with the equipment after they ceased the New York operation
I TOTALLY agree. I hope I'm right, but I'm really getting the feeling that, even in his absence, Egon will be the heart & soul of this movie.

...&...

If the things in the trailer that pointed toward him made me a bit misty eyed, I'm afraid I could be a blubbering fool sitting in that theater.:(

Regarding the Gunner seat, I've been looking at a lot of the toys & models from the original 2 films, & on most, that back passenger side seat has always been facing backward. Makes me think it was maybe an unused idea or just something from the original design that the AFTERLIFE team decided to utilize.

That might be possible. As I've suggested, the farmhouse seems like it's invoking a concept from the first film that wasn't used, which was an underground, off-site storage facility that was accessible through what looked to be an abandoned gas station (which would explain the town shaking, because of the grid for the storage facility hasn't been maintained in years due Egon's passing). But, it's a hypothesis at this point.

I sure hope the gunner seat is new... pretty sure it is with that random other caddy sitting outside the barn with its door missing...

Adjustments.jpg

I sure hope the gunner seat is new... pretty sure it is with that random other caddy sitting outside the barn with its door missing...

View attachment 1092573

Are you sure that's a Caddie? Because that looks like a '58 Plymouth Savoy from the side (and I say Savoy instead of a Belvedere because Savoys in that year model were available in four-doors, and looked much like the Fury, which King used as the basis for Christine).

Last edited:
Are you sure that's a Caddie? Because that looks like a '58 Plymouth Savoy from the side (and I say Savoy instead of a Belvedere because Savoys in that year model were available in four-doors, and looked much like the Fury, which King used as the basis for Christine).

That is a 58 caddy, which is entirely wrong for the door to fit on the 59, but the general audience isn’t suppose to know that lol

IMG_2218.jpg

Rear window trim, fins, and taillights are a dead give away

There is the possibility that he didn't use anything from the car except maybe some engine parts. I mean, are the parts of the engine drastically different between the two cars?

The caddy switched its drive train over in 59, so technically yes you could probably use the drain train, you wouldn’t want to because the 58 was much less power

Not knocking your comment at all, he could have most definitely used this 58 for parts

Hell could be suspension too

But seeing the missing rear door I figured that was a Easter egg that he made some mods to the ecto1

The caddy switched its drive train over in 59, so technically yes you could probably use the drain train, you wouldn’t want to because the 58 was much less power

Not knocking your comment at all, he could have most definitely used this 58 for parts

Hell could be suspension too

But seeing the missing rear door I figured that was a Easter egg that he made some mods to the ecto1

A clever use of foreshadowing. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back