Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Agreed.

And as far as tone, I see a lot of people mentioning Ghostbusters was a comedy first, a ghost movie second, and this seems to have an entirely different tone. And that's a problem why? I dont think every sequel needs to match the tone and feeling of the first, try different things, keep it interesting. I like that this has more of a smaller, creepy, digging through an antique store vibe.

I know some people are totally bummed that this isn't yet again another "Save New York, save the world" story. I'm THRILLED it's set in a small town and it reminds me of the RGB cartoon where they'd go out into the country to fight ghosts too. I don't even mind it being kids discovering the Ghostbusters stuff, BUT I do think they'd probably fry themselves messing with the equipment without adult supervision. Hopefully Paul Rudd ends up being part of a new "team". I REALLY don't want to see the original guys in it for only 5 minutes and I REALLY want to see a beefy role for Winston. One of my FAVORITE parts in GB is when Winston busts into the dark room to say Ray and Egon. Loved that! Winston is so underrated and under used in the films.

Me too, I like how it’s in a little country town

Agreed.

And as far as tone, I see a lot of people mentioning Ghostbusters was a comedy first, a ghost movie second, and this seems to have an entirely different tone. And that's a problem why? I dont think every sequel needs to match the tone and feeling of the first, try different things, keep it interesting. I like that this has more of a smaller, creepy, digging through an antique store vibe.

They need to see the german trailer, funny little scene at the end

Agreed.

I'm totally fine with them being in a small town. Screw NYC. But the part that still bothers me is the tone. The first two movies were, first and foremost, comedies. They were funny. Sure, they had scary parts and moderately serious parts, but they were comedic before all else. There is nothing in this trailer that says this movie will be funny at all. You can do that in a small town setting. You can do that with kids. But without it, this simply isn't Ghostbusters. It's just an attempt at mindless nostalgia. That doesn't mean it might not be a good movie, but just because you throw a bunch of props and Ecto-1 into the mix, that doesn't make it a worthy successor to the original classics.

Of course! I meant the fact that's it's absent in the other movies, and if this is the old equipment, how does it suddenly have photographic capabilities? Unless I completely missed this detail in the original

It could easily be an upgrade to the original goggles or a brand new creation. Remember, we're only watching the first trailer so it's very easy to take things out of context. We don't know the exactly when each scene in the trailer takes place, nor what happens leading up to and after them. I'd hold off on the nitpicks until we either get a more detailed trailer (at which point people will start to complain about spoilers) or until we've seen the whole movie.

Unsure what to think of the ecto goggles having a camera in then though :confused:
Hope there's a decent explanation for that one!

Sounds like there will be upgraded props like in the video game

I don’t want to spoil anything but the leaker toy details has shown the PKE has a new function too..

I'm totally fine with them being in a small town. Screw NYC. But the part that still bothers me is the tone. The first two movies were, first and foremost, comedies. They were funny. Sure, they had scary parts and moderately serious parts, but they were comedic before all else. There is nothing in this trailer that says this movie will be funny at all. You can do that in a small town setting. You can do that with kids. But without it, this simply isn't Ghostbusters. It's just an attempt at mindless nostalgia. That doesn't mean it might not be a good movie, but just because you throw a bunch of props and Ecto-1 into the mix, that doesn't make it a worthy successor to the original classics.

I had to re write my post because I don’t want it coming off cocky

But paul Rudd is in this film, it’s gotta be funny! Look what he did with antman, I freak’n love this guy!

Loved him in role models too lol

I had to re write my post because I don’t want it coming off cocky

But paul Rudd is in this film, it’s gotta be funny! Look what he did with antman, I freak’n love this guy!

Loved him in role models too lol

He's funny when the script is funny. I don't think one person can make an entire movie a comedy.

The main thing Jason has stressed about this movie is it's about family and forgiveness. Knowing his other works like Juno, it thinks it's going to be more along those lines, plenty of funny, but with some tear jerker heartwarming stuff too, especially when dealing with Egon's absence.

So no, like how 2016 was very much current SNL humor, this movie isn't going to have the 80's SNL and SCTV influence either. Dan and Ivan were much, much more involved in this film than 2016, but I think we're still going to fall somewhere in between. Jason and Dan have both made note of some good scares in this one, which is something they really had wanted to do more of in both of the originals. So we'll see. No matter what, I'm excited. Being from a small Midwest town myself, and with so many ghost stories floating around those places, I'm very glad to see that as the setting.

I wonder what Ray is up to these days? I'd like to think that he's still running Ray's Occult Books and that he has a little vodka still out the back. Maybe bottling the vodka in some kind of occult-like flasks... like skulls or something.

Or the car dealership he mentioned working at in the Extreme Ghostbusters series, maybe.

After watching the trailer again, I'm wondering if the blurry ghost they're chasing is Slimer. Maybe Egon was storing him in that ghost trap?

I know this is off-topic, but I loved this Easter egg in this Key & Peele sketch
D8D891A2-A8C4-4E6F-8A1E-84A6329D1EC7.jpeg

Pretty sure that’s slimer, the scene shows Rudd jump starting the trap with his car and sets what ever ghost inside there free

He must have been pissing off egon and egon put him in a time out..
Ahhhh... I've only seen the American trailer. Is that in the international one?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back