Get a load of me with all my kits! :D

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Ogibendogy

TRU_Summer 1988.jpg

Just kidding, of course. Here's me working at Toys-R-Us during the summer of '88. The model aisle was a disorganized mess and I convinced my supervisor to let me spend a weekday breaking it down and reorganizing it (as bad as this aisle was, the Barbie aisle was always much worse!). Of course, not much that is kitbash-worthy, but I still had a blast and it's cool to see all those kits! Sorry for the Polaroid quality, but some things to note:

- rolled up sleeves say "I work hard!"
- wearing my Who Framed Roger Rabbit? promotional pin.
- super cool sea foam green Ocean Pacific t-short hidden under that suave TRU jacket.
- green employee of the month tag as a result of this re-org.
- all the MPC Star Wars kits were long gone except for one C-3PO in a beat to hell box. I still should have bought it!

Working at TRU was a great way to spend my high school years. I still miss it!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Studio Kitbash

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
That is an awesome shot -- I look at it with the same stupid hopefulness of old ILM pictures, seeing if there's any kits I can identify and use for my builds. Amazing how in such a short time the modelbuilding hobby has died to the point where not even Hobby Lobby has a wall of models this impressive.

Ogibendogy

That is an awesome shot -- I look at it with the same stupid hopefulness of old ILM pictures, seeing if there's any kits I can identify and use for my builds. Amazing how in such a short time the modelbuilding hobby has died to the point where not even Hobby Lobby has a wall of models this impressive.

Same here! I wish this pic was higher resolution so I could get a better look at something other than those Testors kits.