Geoff Peterson - Anyone?

Geoff does indeed have a Price is Right name tag, as the two shows are located in the same building at CBS in Los Angeles. It might be possible to request some tags from CBS, from Ferguson's production company, or sign up as studio audience for Price is Right some weekday, and ask for extra name tags for the Geoff builders. Everyone in the audience gets a tag, I think. Mm, there are so many good places to eat right next door at the Farmer's Market... too bad I live far away. :)

p.s. send your photos of your work to the show, they'd be delighted to see your Geoff replicas.

I'd love to see another Geoff Peterson build. I've always wanted one but just don't know where I would put it. My question is what's wrong with the Bucky skull from the skeleton factory website? It's way cheaper? Is there a size difference? And someone posted lights that could work for the eyes they look good to me.

ok, I've been slowly browsing back in the older pages...I saw the lights, but I didn't see if anyone actually ordered those yet..

as for the skull.....in terms of accuracy, was the cheaper skull determined to be closer?

it looks like the guy who ordered the lights and used them on his Geoff was banned from the site. His pictures are still up I mean they look good in his skeleton. I'm not sure what skull he used.

I never got around to doing anything more with my skull because it turned out not to be the "Bucky" one that Geoff was based on. If you look back through this thread there was some discussion about the Bucky skull. It's a quite common skull used in medical skeletons and in props. You'll find very nice casts of it and then cheaper and cheaper recasts of diminishing quality out there as the price gets cheaper for them. As long as it's reasonably sturdy, a cheap recast of a Bucky would probably suffice for a Geoff build.

For those of you not following what has happened since Geoff was retired:
Josh Robert Thompson who voiced Geoff sadly has been distancing himself from the character since the show ended. Can't blame him for wanting to expand his horizons though and wanting to do more stuff. Though on an up-note he's getting press for his other efforts, most recently playing "George Lucas" in pretty cool make-up and spot on vocal impressions in self-produced videos and appearances at sci-fi conventions. The premise is his "George" is a bit bitter to be left out of the new SW movie and most recently he did the gag being upset that fans didn't like the prequels or special editions of the originals, carrying a sign saying "Greedo Shot First!" and getting great laughs doing it. He's on FB and easy to follow his various videos and podcasts which are entertaining.

Funny story. I had a little time to chat with the maker, Grant Imahara at ACBC this weekend. very nice guy. said it took him about a month of weekends to create the original geoff because he was still working on mythbusters at the time (not bad timeframe for a from scratch prop!)

I also wasn't aware he knew of this thread, but he said the folks on RPF pretty much have it figured out....so I say good job guys ;o).....

just wish I had time to get an autograph. when I talked to him, I didn't know if I would have enough even for the voice actors, but luckilly they took credit cards...so I did. but when I Went back I guess he went on his lunch break. doh!

first step on my own Geoff. I ordered his eyes.

I'm toying around with 3D Printing the mowhawk. I'll even do it in aluminum if it's not tooo expensive. only problem would be getting it to scale....
Plan on ordering the actual skeleton in july. although...I see the skull there, I have yet to see if they offer the arms and hands separate and complete on amazon. don't really need a complete set :)

http://www.amazon.com/Anatomical-Ch...sim_328_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=106QA5K37ZN412ZK68CG

OK, so I found the arms separate, and I eventually decided to go with the above skull. it looks pretty darn close.
So now I just need two servos, one for the jaw and one for the head. it looks like a metal swivel rod holds his neck up, I'm just not surehow every thing attaches inside. if I was, I might be able to get this done in a week or two heh. oh, and I'm guessing I'd need a remote control setup like my R2 has in order to control the head remotely since it probably uses the same servo's.

Neil that looks like the correct skull - the "Bucky" I think I mentioned back up in the thread someplace that the way the jaw on Geoff was hinged if you watch old clips his back teeth don't touch because of the way it was re-attached to open and close on the servos. I'm deep in work on a different prop project, but I look forward to see how you do on yours. I haven't completely given up om one day building my own Geoff.

yeah, I noticed the teeth not matching when I was photo matching the skull.:)

he arrives tomorrow along with the eyes. the servos by the end of the week.
I wonder if Grant took any photos of the inside of the skull? it'd be nice to see how the insides are attached!

Balls.....Please don't be a real skull ;o).....

Now, a question. what kind of connection goes to his eyes? I thought maybe it'd ship with it, but I guess not.

10562919_10153322610605211_9051532461779140432_n.jpg

i'm going to have to paint it white

1896849_10153322801520211_1362211999174769516_n.jpg

Last edited:
so, according to our resident electronic person, apparently these lights will need to be plugged into a wall outlet.I was kind of hoping to make my geoff mobile by giving him a moveable podium on wheels. thought it'd be funny to take him out to a comic con one year and have him interact with people on the floor.

but I guess that option is no long er available....

I have been mulling over making a Geoff for quite some time.

Glad to see all of the info in this thread. Really inspires me to take one up myself... Definitely going to make it one of my next projects!

I'm eventually going to make a video like I did with r2. explaining everything step by step.
hoping my servo's get here soon so I can start to make his jaw move.

I guess I need another syren ten to operate the jaw?

I think the banned guy had sourced those lights as 12-volt car leds or something didn't he? I'd have to go back through the thread to be sure. I'm pretty sure from the endless jokes Craig made, the real Geoff could go more than 12ft from a wall outlet, so you are close to being spot-on with 120-volt versions of the eye-leds. And there's always the option of an extension cord.
As for the mohawk, instead of metal I had thought of trying to find an appropriate thickness of sheet Styrene and and making it out of that, simulating the welding of the mohawk to the curving base that attaches it to the skull with some gooped on resin or maybe melted Styrene sculpted to look like welds and paint the whole thing with paint until I achieved a metallic look.

As for matching the look of him, it would probably be better if references photos of him could be obtained rather than trying to wing it from screen-grabs off tv. It's a mystery where Geoff wound up as far as I know. Maybe Ferguson has him parked in a corner in his house? If all else fails the one person I can think to ask is Josh Robert Thompson who voiced him who has a presence on Facebook and interacts with fans. I sense that he's beside himself with fans who keep clamoring for more Geoff Peterson because he's trying to be known for more than just Geoff, so asking him about it the wrong way would be like asking say William Shatner or Leonard Nimoy about Star Trek in 1970 when they too were desperate to move on to something else in their careers.
Other than that, asking Grant too might work. Geoff's 'mortal remains' might have been shipped back to him.

I look forward to seeing how you do on your Geoff Neil. If you start a separate thread for your build, please post the link here. I think you've got all the elements of an excellent start there.

I was thinking of doing a seperate thread, but then you'd have two similair looking ones going on at the same time and I guess that's probably not good.

I asked grant on twitter, but I don't think he's on there much. I wonder if he interacts anywhere else. some photos of the insides would definetely help.
Geoffs mouth motors came in today. Will try and see if I can get his eyes in permanent and his mouth moving this week.

this week, if not today, going to try and work on getting geoffs jaw working. as for the mowhawk.... the one bit of styrene I tried once was like rubber, and very flimsy. it didn't stay in shape at all. do they make stiffer stuff? If I can get a prototype mohawk going, it'd look a little more like geoff.

so, here's another image during geoffs construction. the plate by the arm and middle is just there to hold the servo stuff into place. but what is that box on the right? b attery holder?
1508627_10153339077490211_8297271507131458241_n.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back