Gauntlet strapping

reaver1

OK, my question is a little unique, maybe... I have my blade gauntlets created and blades mounted. I ended up making long (30") steel blades, so they have some weight. I have nylon webbing straps at the front and back with clips for easy attaching/removing. All sounds great, and at certain angles, it works great, but the problem starts when I move my arm/twist my wrist. For instance, straight at my side they look good and straight. If I turn my arm and bring my forearm horizontal, it sits on my arm crooked, wanting to tilt down towards the ground. Has anyone else run into this issue? How does one go about fixing it? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

You can try stuffing and securing upholstery foam or something similar into the gauntlet on the part which touches ur skin.....the foam actually has a ruff surface and should cause friction against the skin to stay

You could also us velcro.....secure velcro to the actual skin, and have the opposite velcro in the gauntlet......u can also do a combination of both.

Doing the combo may make it hard to get on but the harder to get on the better it should stay

Another thing....with long blades like that and people who may bump into it, no matter what, they still will move a little especially from sweat and moisture

I put industrial velcro on the inner circle of the guantlet. The guantlet bottom is like a 'U'. I just close it and attach the velcro together and its secure. I have heard people attach your equipment to the suit (skin). Doesn't seem like a bad idea, but I wanted to keep the equipment and the suit separate so I could wear what i wanted and not have the velcro on the skin exposed.

Exactly. I want all my pieces to be as modular as possible. Add and remove at random. I think the main problem with the gauntlets is they are just too frelling heavy. Like I said, the blades are 30" of stainless steel, and I have them mounted to a steel plate for stability and strength. I didn't want the weight of the things snapping a plastic mount. I'm going to try some neoprene on the inside of the gauntlets. It will add some padding, and resist moving around because of the rubberized texture.. Fingers crossed!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back