Garindan!

<div class='quotetop'>(seswa @ May 23 2006, 08:41 PM) [snapback]1249361[/snapback]</div>
the garindan looked great... (as did your Boush Lori..) i was the red guard in front of you in the parade line up and i also have to say that the miriade of bounty hunters was great to see...
[/b]

Hehe... at first I thought you said 'miracle of the bounty hunters'. I thought something really spectacular happened during the parade and I missed it...

Mark

<div class='quotetop'>(seswa @ May 23 2006, 04:41 PM) [snapback]1249361[/snapback]</div>
the garindan looked great... (as did your Boush Lori..) i was the red guard in front of you in the parade line up and i also have to say that the miriade of bounty hunters was great to see...
[/b]

SHEILA... Thanks and I thought your new royal guard looked awesome too. I can't wait until we march again. Its always a blast trooping with everyone. I promise not to sneak up on you next time :p :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(AlderaanGirl @ May 24 2006, 04:36 AM) [snapback]1249537[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(seswa @ May 23 2006, 04:41 PM) [snapback]1249361[/snapback]
[/b]

SHEILA... Thanks and I thought your new royal guard looked awesome too. I can't wait until we march again. Its always a blast trooping with everyone. I promise not to sneak up on you next time :p :lol
[/b][/quote]

no worries.. ;) it was nice being able to march though, i was so worried about finishing in time.. i do need to make a couple mods to get the helmet to look like it fits better though, i can see a noticeable gap between the bottom of the helmet and my robes. im thinking that padding under the outer robe so that the robes meet the helmet should work nicely. we'll see what i get done before Sat.

<div class='quotetop'>(seswa @ May 24 2006, 02:00 PM) [snapback]1249843[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(AlderaanGirl @ May 24 2006, 04:36 AM) [snapback]1249537[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>(seswa @ May 23 2006, 04:41 PM) [snapback]1249361[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

no worries.. ;) it was nice being able to march though, i was so worried about finishing in time.. i do need to make a couple mods to get the helmet to look like it fits better though, i can see a noticeable gap between the bottom of the helmet and my robes. im thinking that padding under the outer robe so that the robes meet the helmet should work nicely. we'll see what i get done before Sat.
[/b][/quote]
To be honest, it looked perfect to me :) I didn't notice anything that you would need to adjust ;) It looked great.

thanks... i can tell though and in a couple of the pics surfacing thus far it stands out too much for me so i'll play around with some light padding and see what happens. i loved my cool ties neck band thingy that i wore on Sunday. it actually helped a lot more than i thought it would. im really surprised that more of the guys dont wear something similar on costumes that permit it.

<div class='quotetop'>(SithLord @ Jun 12 2006, 09:53 PM) [snapback]1260808[/snapback]</div>
anyone source the original goggles yet? awwww come on, this is the RPF. I know you guys can find WWII goggles :)
[/b]

No but am interested if anyone has :)

Great job, Mark. :thumbsup

Garindan2.jpg

So, do we know what the original "snout" was made out of? I had always thought it was his "nose" and was made out of foam/latex on the costume. Or, is it a "covering" for his "nose"? There's so little reference... :(

J

Re: sound effects...

Lego Star Wars II has him as a playable character.
Try turning the music and background FX off in the game ( I'm pretty sure that's doable ), and hitting his "action" key?
You should be able to get a clean recording then.

Since we're talking about this dude, I dunno if I've ever gotten round to asking...
Does anyone else think that his race and name seem to be the wrong way round?

His name's usually given as "Garindan", and his race as "Kubaz".
"Garindan" always sounded more like a race to me - From Garinda? ;). According to current OT canon, though, he's from Kubindi.
Ah well...

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back