Gamorrean Guard *FINISHED*

Re: Gamorrean Guard WIP

Man, what a difference the leather makes instead of the vinyl. Weathering turned out great too Craig.

We are all anticipating you putting this bad boy on...........

Added some more spit today (Shoe Goo) It's all dry. Tommorrow is the big day. I have some hidden zippers to install on the sides of the vest for closure. I've never done zippers before. Also time for a final fitting. Pictures to follow, hopefully tommorrow night, if I finish.

Before:
gammo8.jpg

After:
gammo7.jpg

gammo6.jpg

gammo5.jpg

Not a lot to report, I'm in the home stretch. I'm taking care of some overal look and fitting issues. Mainly the shoulder armor and vest.
I remade the padding for the inside of the shoulder armor when I initially got the suit. In the end, it sat too far off of the shoulder and had a tendency the roll forward or rearward and didn't sit properly in relation to the vest. I also used 1.5" elastic at the bottom, knowing it should be leather. CHANGED ALL THAT. cut a circle out of the padding so it sits closer to the arm and stays in place over the shoulder. Attached a leather bottom strap with snap adjustments. 1 shoulder strap on top is accurate, however I need to balance the "look" and the need to have everything stay in place when trooping at conventions, so I opted for 2 anchor points, also leather/snaps. Shoulders anchor under the vest and keeps the correct spacing even when the vest moves.
P8220851.jpg

AFTER: (not pretty, but not visible)
PA170968.jpg

Vest anchor points
PA170966.jpg

PA170967.jpg

SIDE BY SIDE: Before on left after on right, Shoulders adjusted, vest shortened, more chest padding trimmed off.
PA050965.jpg
PA170970.jpg

Got her done!!! I'm very pleased with the outcome. Just minor tweaks now. Ready for my DZ designation. I'll be sporting it at an event in Modesto on the 5th.
PA180991.jpg

PA180988.jpg

PA180982.jpg

PA180976.jpg

PA180975.jpg

PA180974.jpg

What??? Your work is insane sir!

I can't take credit for the green parts or the hairy diaper. The maker in the UK made those and did the primary painting on the latex. I just tweaked the suit for accuracy, remade some parts and the strapping system, weathered it accordingly, and made some fit adjustments. I got invited to troop and the ReGrand Opening of Racho ObiWan in Peteluma with a couple of the GoldenGate Garrison folks. Also got a picture with and spoke to Don Post or awhile.

IMG0096-M-1.jpg

IMG0098-M.jpg

IMG0101-M.jpg

310869_2591687438274_1437296494_2825245_139704798_n.jpg

297579_10150384153137243_683957242_8315493_238064059_n.jpg

Looking great mate, i shall be getting my Gammo end of year beginning of next year, Probs the same maker in the UK....(Luke?) by any chance.

Liking the finer detailing, especially the weathering to the leather,look cool.!

Col.

Looking great mate, i shall be getting my Gammo end of year beginning of next year, Probs the same maker in the UK....(Luke?) by any chance.

Liking the finer detailing, especially the weathering to the leather,look cool.!

Col.

It is Luke's kit with several modifications. These are older pics. I've done a complete repaint this these were taken. Thread should be in here somewhere.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back