Game of Thrones

The biggest joke is Tyrion giving a passionate speech about how stories connect people and that’s what makes Bran worthy of a king...whereas apparently this is now “a story where like in real life things often don’t get paid off”.

Loved it,....she had to die

I am glad they got that over with pretty quick in the episode. They could have easily had it go the whole episode, back and forth, him not certain, her roasting friend after friend for treason, then the show fades to black right after he kills her, or something.

Thankfully, Jon shanks her early, and we get to watch stuff play out.

Gutted with that ending how underwhelming. Think it probably should have ended with her death and the dragon melting the throne and flying off or even the start of a new war. Something that left it to the viewer to think how it would play out to end. Not all singing and dancing as it was.
Bronn should have died and never been on the small council - how did that pan out or ever get past the other leaders.
Tarley Grand Maester - how? so they forsake all their rules for him to be top dog.
Podrick from squire to Kingsguard.
No it was a poor end to a show that was great because of its unpredictability

Gutted with that ending how underwhelming. Think it probably should have ended with her death and the dragon melting the throne and flying off or even the start of a new war. Something that left it to the viewer to think how it would play out to end. Not all singing and dancing as it was.
Bronn should have died and never been on the small council - how did that pan out or ever get past the other leaders.
Tarley Grand Maester - how? so they forsake all their rules for him to be top dog.
Podrick from squire to Kingsguard.
No it was a poor end to a show that was great because of its unpredictability

As the Lord of Highgarden, he is probably the richest lord in the Six Kingdoms. Mace Tyrell was on the council for that reason.

As the Lord of Highgarden, he is probably the richest lord in the Six Kingdoms. Mace Tyrell was on the council for that reason.

High garden was sacked and the gold was taken to Kings landing. The gold made it to back before the train was attacked by dany. Then it was used to pay off the bank and maybe buy the golden army.

High garden was sacked and the gold was taken to Kings landing. The gold made it to back before the train was attacked by dany. Then it was used to pay off the bank and maybe buy the golden army.

I know.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that as the Reach clearly makes money for Highgarden, that it continued to do so after the previous gold was taken. Therefore you invite the lord of the kingdom that can generate the larger amount of money, to run the finances of the rest of the kingdoms.

The biggest joke is Tyrion giving a passionate speech about how stories connect people and that’s what makes Bran worthy of a king...whereas apparently this is now “a story where like in real life things often don’t get paid off”.
It was also interesting on how it went from "Let the prisoner speak" to "Let the prisoner decide how we should run our government"

It was also interesting on how it went from "Let the prisoner speak" to "Let the prisoner decide how we should run our government"
Yeah, the whole "who has a better story than Bran the Broken?"

Well, one could argue many of the people gathered there had a story AT LEAST as compelling as Bran's...

Ser Davos went from an illiterate smuggler to erstwhile knight for saving Stannis during the rebellion. He was both punished and rewarded for smuggling food into Dragonstone during the war, and went on to learn to read, lose all of his sons during the Battle of Blackwater Bay, become an advisor to multiple royals, etc.

Arya Stark went from young noble who never fit in, to seeing her father executed for treason, befriending a near-mythical assassin, eventually traveling to Braavos to learn how to fight and kill for herself before coming home to avenge and fight alongside her family once more.

Sansa went from a stupid, spoiled little girl who couldn't see past her dreams of being a princess to see the cruelty of the boy she was betrothed to and his family, to feeding Ramsay Bolton to his own hounds and eventually wising up enough to be one of the few smart enough to be leery of Dany when she arrived in the North.

Gendry Baratheon. Just the fact that he IS Gendry Baratheon makes his story at least as compelling as Bran's actions over the 7 seasons he appeared in.

Hell, Tyrion himself has an interesting story, and actual experience running the country!

Agreed I was having a jolly good time during that scene, went into full blown sitcom. Samwell Tarly as one of the most powerful people. Brienne votes as well, god knows on what basis, but she does. Asha the ironborn just submits to a decision made by a prisoner on a whim even though all along the ironmen wanted their own kingdom and a minute ago she was still hell-bent on her loyalty to Dany. A eunuch warrior is offered to start his own house, said eunuch warrior backtalks to the new king straight away and so on and so forth...

Bottom line, I was saving up to buy the fanciest limited edition blu-ray box set once all seasons are out. Guess I’ll be spending it on booze and hookers.

Even with that scene I find it interesting and possibly unique that 'Game of Thrones' has a lot of very important changes occur with several people talking instead of the outcome of a battle.

I think the sitting around the table at the end was a the more things change the more they stay the same kind of thing and history is doomed to repeat itself.

Can someone tell me where all the friggen Dothraki came from?? It's really been eating at me that the show made it a point to let us see what looked to be all of them charging into the army of the dead only to see their flaming swords get snufffed out in mere seconds. How is it that hundreds of them survived?

Can someone tell me where all the friggen Dothraki came from?? It's really been eating at me that the show made it a point to let us see what looked to be all of them charging into the army of the dead only to see their flaming swords get snufffed out in mere seconds. How is it that hundreds of them survived?

While not nearly the amount you would expect, you could see unhorsed men running back with the horses. It's also possible that some were held back in reserve as well. Possibly some on a scouting type of mission

But yeah, overall, they were still a bit inconsistent

I think the sitting around the table at the end was a the more things change the more they stay the same kind of thing and history is doomed to repeat itself.

Yup, I said it before a long time ago. Bran is evil..pure evil. He had done everything to put his family and himself in charge. All the people who died in the battle with the night king, kings landing and other events. All those death are on his hands. He could of stoped Dany and the dragon. But why, when you can have her killed anyway for doing it. she is off the table to rule now. Not going around freeing the Slaves and being a champion of the little people. The night king was likely trying to save Westeros from man as he was created all those years ago to do so.

The Starks just replaced the Baratheon / Lannister’s on spinning the wheel. A useless king that lets everyone do what they want as long as he isn’t bothered like Robert. Until he doesn’t like it or says the future vision says taco Tuesday isn’t a good idea since we’re low on toilet paper. Sansa wanted to be like a queen just like Cersei. Which she got, a bitchy girl who wanted to rule and be top bitch. She doesn’t have to answer to anyone now. Hmm just like cersie was. She was mad that the north made Jon king and not her. Arya is a highly skilled cocky fighter And of Someone says anything she doesn’t like..I’ll kill you...like Jamie was. Bran just took the power in a Little finger style. Use everyone in a manner that makes you look ok and are helping out everyone. Nothing of the wheel changes other then who calling shots and who is sitting at what house hold tables now.

Also the true Heir to the throne from house Baratheon is sitting at Dragons Stone...just like Stannis was. Damn he got hosed too.

Dany had a lot of minerals and vespene gas stacked up and managed to click on the barracks quick enough.

It's boat building that gets me, people appear to sink entire fleets yet, there are hundreds of ships available to transport all the reappearing ranks.

I know.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that as the Reach clearly makes money for Highgarden, that it continued to do so after the previous gold was taken. Therefore you invite the lord of the kingdom that can generate the larger amount of money, to run the finances of the rest of the kingdoms.

Actually, the Lannisters had the gold. And wasn't Littlefinger the Master of Coin? Martel was only promoted once his family married into the Lannisters. He was a token at best.

Also the true Heir to the throne from house Baratheon is sitting at Dragons Stone...just like Stannis was. Damn he got hosed too.

Who's sitting at Dragon Stone? Gedry got Storms End.

Right, I meant Storms end. Stannis was stuck there during the battle and Renly was granted it at the end of the war.

Correct, little finger was master of Coin. He had to tell Ned that the crown was in massive debt.

Actually, the Lannisters had the gold. And wasn't Littlefinger the Master of Coin? Martel was only promoted once his family married into the Lannisters. He was a token at best.

Who's sitting at Dragon Stone? Gedry got Storms End.

The Lannisters were bankrupt. That's why Cersei sent them after the loot train in the first place, to get the money in order to pay off the Iron Bank and hire the Golden Company.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back