Game of Thrones

Someone explain to me, what is the motivation of the Knights King and the Others?

They don't need land, or gold, or the Iron Throne . What do they want? The children of the Forest are gone (revenge), do they just want to Destroy man and civilization... just because?

This may be the key to the whole series.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Basically its what you just said. They want to destroy all life. Thats what they were created for and they are still trying to complete their mission.

They should of just kept hodor as hodor the tard.

tenor.gif

Yeah, sorry, didn't understand a word of that. :confused

That's what happens when you work an all nighter and have a few minutes waiting for a part. But you shouldn't post and you know better than to try at that moment. I'll try to write a better one of what I'm trying to say maybe tonight since I just woke up. Just think of how old biff changed the present by giving young biff the sports mag in the past. Marty goes back to the present and is like wtf..but no one else knows what it was before since the past was changed.

IMG_2581.JPG

Ok, I think I get what you are trying to say, but honestly, I just don't think it applies here. Wylis always became Hodor. That happened. The only thing that changed is that the audience now knows the reason why it happened. There was no erasing of memories, creating a new timeline, or anything like that. Wylis became Hodor due to Bran being warged into Hodor in the present and being physically close to Wylis\Hodor in the past at the same time.

Ok, I think I get what you are trying to say, but honestly, I just don't think it applies here. Wylis always became Hodor. That happened. The only thing that changed is that the audience now knows the reason why it happened. There was no erasing of memories, creating a new timeline, or anything like that. Wylis became Hodor due to Bran being warged into Hodor in the present and being physically close to Wylis\Hodor in the past at the same time.

"He is the closed circle."

babylon060.jpg

But Bran can't changes the past
But when he dives in the mind of Hodor, he changes the past (naturally) but the old man said "you can't change the past".
I don't understand lol

But Bran can't changes the past
But when he dives in the mind of Hodor, he changes the past (naturally) but the old man said "you can't change the past".
I don't understand lol

It's like the Terminator Paradox. Skynet sent a Terminator back in time to kill Sarah Connor, so John sent Kyle Reese back in time to protect her and ensure that he is conceived. In sending he Terminator back in time to kill Sarah and ensure that John would never be born and, thus, never lead the Resistance to end Skynet, Skynet ensured its own destruction. It's a self fulfilling prophecy. In trying to stop its own destruction, Skynet authored it.

Similarly, because Bran accidentally warged into Wyllis and drove him insane with knowledge that he had to "hold the door," Hodor was "born" and would eventually come into the service of Bran, whose adventures with him would lead to the moment where Bran would try to warg into older Hodor to help keep the door shut, but instead warg into younger Wyllis on accident, thereby creating the loop.

See, I interpret that scene as Wyllis actually experiencing his own death as Hodor.
I think that was a big part of why he seemed so cowardly.
He knew how he was going to die, he just didn't know when, so he shut down in the face of danger.
But when the moment comes and he's holding the door, you can see his eyes clear, and Bran isn't controlling him anymore.
He recognizes this moment, having already experienced it as a boy, and faces it bravely.
It's the only thing he can do, and he does it.
Gods bless Hodor...

Wonder if they are gonna use the dawn sword at any point. Seems as it might be important at some point down the line. If it wasn't why would they of shown Edward picking it up and placing it at the foot of the bed during the flash back. Idk, but maybe it lights up on fire since it's was forged from a meteorite

If it wasn't why would they of shown Edward picking it up and placing it at the foot of the bed during the flash back.

I think this was an allusion to a prophesy about a sun rising over a river of blood, but I don't remember what the prophesy was now, and my google-fu is weak today.
Maybe a book reader will come and clue us in.
I agree, though, the sword must be important. Who has it now?

The sword is at castle starfall ( house Dayne) since the end of the RR. Edward returned it back to the family in which he gotten it from the death of Authur Dayne. No family member of the house has be granted the title "Sword of the morning". So it's just chilling collecting dust. I don't think the show as touched on House Dayne beyond the tower flashback.

Best. Fan Trailers. EVER!!!

Game of Thrones - Suicide Squad style (Warning: Language from Sandor Clegane)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZsns-6gUcc

Clegane - Game of Thrones/Logan-style
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgyQ0YysqqA

[video]https://www.facebook.com/junkeedotcom/videos/1398471363598657/[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

The sword is at castle starfall ( house Dayne) since the end of the RR. Edward returned it back to the family in which he gotten it from the death of Authur Dayne. No family member of the house has be granted the title "Sword of the morning". So it's just chilling collecting dust. I don't think the show as touched on House Dayne beyond the tower flashback.

Eddard, not Edward. I swear, I had to read this post three times to get who you were talking about...

The show has pretty much done all its going to do with Arthur Dayne I think. The way they are moving with more action and less story, there's no room to introduce a new story and a new house. Like Axlotl said, the whole point of focusing on the sword was to emphasize the bleeding star part of the Azor Ahai prophecy.

There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him.

So, check it out:

There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world.

Jon was born at the end of a long summer. The bleeding star is the sword Dawn, which was forged from the metal of a falling star aka meteorite. The cold breath of darkness is the coming night brought on the by the Night King and the White Walkers.

In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him.

We've already seen swords burning. Perhaps Jon wields Dondarrion's sword. Or maybe something happens that makes Longclaw to become a burning sword.

The other cool part about this is, this prophecy could also apply to Daenerys as well.

Last edited:
Eddard, not Edward. I swear, I had to read this post three times to get who you were talking about...

we will just state his dead ass as ED since auto correct gives no F's in this matter. Just let it slide next time, no need to waste your time calling it out. If we did that on every post, we all would be English majors by now.

I don't think there's anything special about Beric's sword - he cuts his hand on it, and the blood causes the blade to be engulfed in flames. (He did the same trick with the sword he used when he fought the Hound, but the Hound broke that sword in the same swing that killed Beric.)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back