Game of Thrones

Easy 1000 ships for Dany...Hope Theon can get his **** together and see two strong females become stronger...

Sansa said she did what she had to do. So obviously she can't feel too bad by getting Littlefinger on board

Can't wait to see who they have leading the BWB. Because in the books when they start hanging people and getting much more violent like this its because they have a certain Lady leading them.

Loved the drawbridge scene with Brynden Blackfish Tully and Jaime. They really did it well. Good to see that it looks like Brienne will show up at Riverrun next week.

Can't wait to see who they have leading the BWB. Because in the books when they start hanging people and getting much more violent like this its because they have a certain Lady leading them.

Loved the drawbridge scene with Brynden Blackfish Tully and Jaime. They really did it well. Good to see that it looks like Brienne will show up at Riverrun next week.

Minor point, but I still question whether the scene this week suggests that said Lady will be making such an appearance. I'm not saying she won't, mind you. Just that I don't think this particular sequence is about her having anything to do with stuff. The slaughter of the people there doesn't seem to further her goals which are more...focused.

Specifically, focused on revenge against the Freys and Boltons.

Agreed. And many people connected with the show have said that character has been dropped. This season has seen the return of a couple familiar faces, though. I wouldn't put it past the show runners to still have another huge surprise in store.

If it were to happen at all, I'd think this season would make the most sense. I'm just not sure it matters to the narrative at this point.

Here's a bunch of spoilery random thoughts:

Loved the stuff with the Hound and the priest. I think the priest got through to him, but it seemed rushed. This perfectly setups the Hound vs. the Mountain. The Mountain defending the evil Lannisters, and the Hound getting revenge for a priest of the 7.

Whenever a Stark is happy, very bad things happy. I don't see how Arya can survive this, but I bet she does.

Are the Greyjoys in the same land as Arya? Perhaps Theon runs into her, and gets her help to clear his conscience.

Didn't Littlefinger already get the Vale to send their knights to Castle Black for Sansa?

The BWB killing children doesn't feel right. I remember rooting for them in the books, and never questioning them. They seemed to be serving the Starks. This feels like a different brotherhood.

I was thinking the Mountain was going to kill the Queen of Thorns right then and there.

LOVED the scene with the Black Fish. Jamie has to be sooooo sick of being called Oath Breaker and King Slayer.

I need to look for the previews of next week....

Here's a bunch of spoilery random thoughts:

Are the Greyjoys in the same land as Arya? Perhaps Theon runs into her, and gets her help to clear his conscience.

I have no idea where the Greyjoys are supposed to be but I don't think that it's Braavos, but at the same it's almost certainly not anywhere in Westeros. Even if they are somewhere in Braavos, I highly doubt they're going to cross paths with Arya, although they might just be who's needed in the story to save Arya.

I have no idea where the Greyjoys are supposed to be but I don't think that it's Braavos, but at the same it's almost certainly not anywhere in Westeros. Even if they are somewhere in Braavos, I highly doubt they're going to cross paths with Arya, although they might just be who's needed in the story to save Arya.

I swear they are on the bridge from which Tyrion was abducted. And isn't that how she knew that captain was Westerosi? He was talking about the Iron Fleet being in the harbor.

The Greyjoys are in Volantis. Arya is in Braavos which is far to the north of Volantis. However Volantis is the city where Tyrion was kidnapped from. Both of these cities are on the continent of Essos.

First I felt horrible for Theon having to be around those girls with no equipment... Second I cannot believe they got Ian McShane on the show and kill him off in the same episode! WTH man?!?!

Don't suppose anyone has found any good pictures of The Mountain in royal guard Armour? I could only find this one
the mountain game of thrones.jpeg

There are two types of kingsguard armor - I'd describe the type that the Mountain is wearing as the "working" armor. There's also the "dress" armor, with the white enamel. Aside from the color, the two types are slightly different structurally, and the decoration on the curaiss is different as well.

Also note that in flashbacks, Aerys's guards have the three-headed dragon design on the front, and Tommen's guards now have the seven-pointed star motif.

That must suck if they make the Kingsguard pay for their own armor. You'd have to buy a new cuirass every time there's a new bloody king! Three headed dragon, crowned stag, and now seven-pointed star. Sheesh. What's next? A flaming heart?!

There are two types of kingsguard armor - I'd describe the type that the Mountain is wearing as the "working" armor. There's also the "dress" armor, with the white enamel. Aside from the color, the two types are slightly different structurally, and the decoration on the curaiss is different as well.

Also note that in flashbacks, Aerys's guards have the three-headed dragon design on the front, and Tommen's guards now have the seven-pointed star motif.

Is the armor the same between members of the king's guard though or has it been shown to differ from knight to knight? I'd imagine that Jaime's might have differed a bit as Commander of the King's Guard but what about the others?

Someone on another board posted a theory that the Arya that the Waif ganked in the last episode was not Arya, but Jaquen wearing Arya's face as a test of the Waif's ability to follow his order to give Arya a merciful death.

Honestly, this makes sense to me in a lot of ways. Arya's behavior last episode was decidedly... odd. Throwing huge sums of money around, demanding a cabin on the ship instead of the usual hammock, boldly wandering around without an apparent care in the world. Arya has made some seriously questionable decisions in the past, but the entirety of her behavior in the episode was so out of step with what we've seen from her previously that I kind of find this theory credible. Especially in light of the fact that Jaquen still "owes" one death for Arya and she gave his name as the third death.

Someone on another board posted a theory that the Arya that the Waif ganked in the last episode was not Arya, but Jaquen wearing Arya's face as a test of the Waif's ability to follow his order to give Arya a merciful death.

Honestly, this makes sense to me in a lot of ways. Arya's behavior last episode was decidedly... odd. Throwing huge sums of money around, demanding a cabin on the ship instead of the usual hammock, boldly wandering around without an apparent care in the world. Arya has made some seriously questionable decisions in the past, but the entirety of her behavior in the episode was so out of step with what we've seen from her previously that I kind of find this theory credible. Especially in light of the fact that Jaquen still "owes" one death for Arya and she gave his name as the third death.
I don't know about it being Jaquen, but you're right in that she was very out of character.. there's more going on there than we've seen, methinks.

Yeah something isn't right. But she made a deal with Jaquan to remove his name as the 3rd for an escape with her friends from the old fort. Which he killed all the night guards and pinned them up as if they were still at their posts. She escaped and the deal was completed.

I saw that on another board too - here's what they wrote:

I posted this elsewhere but will copy

It wasn’t Arya it was Jaqen wearing her face

1. Walked like Jaqen, wore hair parted down the middle, threw the coin with the right hand (Arya is left handed)

2. Was too obvious. Arya would have never asked for a cabin. The money was thrown around too casually, even if she was capable of stealing such a sum.

3. Lingering shot of statue on the bridge, maybe sorry to leave. Arya hasn’t been there that long, doesn’t have a particular fondness for the place. Could have stowed away as a cabin boy too easily

4. Jaqen’s life belongs to her. He promised her 3 lives to take for the Red God. He took 2, then she named him as her 3rd. Instead of dying he bargained and agreed to help her escape but then when he left he gave her the coin and told her to come to Braavos. And he gave her the words Valar Morghulis, all men must die. Knowing what we know about their relationship with death there would have been no bargain really. He believes in death

His life is owed to the Red God. No bargain can change his fate and he knows it. He willingly dies in Arya’s place, wearing her face, to fulfill the contract on his own life. He also was testing the Waif who did not fulfill the contract correctly by doing a belly wound instead of killing quickly. Waif is going to go out before he is gone officially. Scenes from next week show Waif running/ chasing possible real Arya

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back